No announcement yet.

I’m tired of life at my mom’s house.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I’m tired of life at my mom’s house.

    Ever since I was 5, my parents have bern divorced. I live with my mom, my deadbeat stepdad, and two little step siblings. I visit my dad’s house every other week and conpletely love my three older step siblings that live over there (my dad was married and divorced one time before he met my mother). So anyways, life at my mom’s house is stressful and tiring. I’m constantly unhappy and anxious, especially about our current situation. We live in a small double wide trailer, in a really ghetto neighborhood. Everything sucks. The house is always a wreck. My dad on the other hand lives in a prettier house with two stories and beautiful furniture. We even have a flat screen TV there. He works at Cisco as sometype of investigator, so he obviously gets paid pretty well. I just think that if I lived over there, I’d be way happier and less stressed out. I asked my mom about this before and she got very defensive, telling me that life here was going to get better soon. That was four years ago, and we’re still broke and living paycheck to paycheck. I don’t love my mom. She’s a liar and simply doesn’t do anything to help me with the stress I’m going through. I’m depressed, stressed out, anxious, sleep deprived and unhappy at only 12 years old. All of this ******** sucks, I just want to live with my dad. It’s the only other option besides me running away. He won’t take me seriously if I tell him straightup. And my mom will only send me to my room, since that seems to be the only solution she’s ever known. Discarding of what cannot be solved. Damn, I just need some answers. Nothing cheesy. I’m not your average 12 year old, by the way. I know, not that humble, but I just feel the need to point out my maturity. Thanks.

  • #2
    Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We are very sorry to hear about your current living situation. It sounds like you would like to live with your dad, but you aren't sure what to do. You could ask an adult that you trust if they would be willing to talk to your mom about you moving with your dad. You could ask your dad if he is willing to let you live with him. Here at NRS, we offer conference calls between youth and their parents. This could be an opportunity for you to express to your parents how you feel about your current living situation, and your desire to move. Conference calls are moderated by a NRS worker so that you would can feel comfortable with expressing yourself without fear and support. Another option that you may want to consider is contacting Child Help (1-800-422-4453), to get information on how to transfer custody. We hope that this information helps, if you have any additional questions please contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp