Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family trouble

So I'm 16 i live with my mom sister brother and his wife. And I've always felt depressed and really left out bc of my mom. my mom always tells me i never enjoy anything but what can I enjoy if i can never do anything id like . I've told her and my sister I'm depressed and how I'm tired of living this way and my mom said only dumbass people get depressed and she said if i killed myself thats my deal. So obviously it hurts how my mom could tell her own son that even though i cant even go out with my cousins or friends anywhere she always makes me stay home. I cant go anywhere on my own. Its always been this way. I haven't even had my first phone yet . And I'm honestly really tired of being treated like this whenever i try to talk to her i get ignored or get told to stfu. I get its annoying me asking when I'm going to be able to go out but its really frustrating how my mom has me chained up. Shes always kept me on a leash. I feel like running away but I wouldn't know where to go whenever i tell her i wanna leave this place she just tells me the doors are always opened let's see where you'll live how you'll survive if you bother us imagine how you'll be to anyone else . So i dont really know what to do i feel like dieing but i know thats not the way out. What can i do here in the state of Washington?

Family Trouble

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

You do not deserve to be mistreated by being called names and being emotionally neglected.
    Good for you reaching out to express your most inner feelings. It takes a lot of courage to stand up and tell your story. We appreciate you. It sounds like your situation has had you at some time or another feeling depressed. It’s good to hear that you want to explore positive options as an attempt to improve things at home. That’s great.

If you are ever feeling depressed or suicidal you can contact: The National Suicide Hotline at: 1-800-273-8255
    What would you like to see change? It sounds like your mother is very strict about letting you have some freedom to explore socially with friends.
    Talking with her about your feelings sounds like it’s been difficult.
    Good communication is important sometimes it may help to look at the option of individual or family counseling. Would that be a consideration for you?

There may be resources in your city and state. NRS has a national data base so if you would like to explore services for counseling in your area give us a call. Contact 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or visit www.1800Runaway.org to speak about your situation and explore some options.
    How does that sound?

We hope writing NRS has helped to relieve some of the stress you may be feeling.
    You can reach out to NRS 24hrs a day. We are here to listen and here to help.

Take Care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X