No announcement yet.

Just got out of a fight, being told I need to leave my house, I have no money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got out of a fight, being told I need to leave my house, I have no money

Okay, so long story here. My mother just got out of a hospital, and my father's decided to stay home ever since, and he's never really liked me, but right now it's getting worse. He's threatened me with violence three times already, even trying to come after me just because I wanted to give him back some money I didn't spend, and now he starts shouting at me, telling me to get out of the house, and making stuff up about me, like I claimed that he was never even my father, crap like that. You guys know what I can do, and do you have any resources in the Chicagoland area? 'Cause I've got nowhere to stay and barely any money. Hopefully this gets resolved soon and I WON'T need to help, but I'm coming to you just in case, because I'm pretty sure this is it now.

RE: Just got out of a fight, being told I need to leave my house, I have no money

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We are glad you reached out as it seems you are currently in need of some support. It sounds like you and your family are currently under a lot of stress with your mom getting out of the hospital and your father being around most of the time. You mentioned your father has threatened you. We can only imagine how terrifying it may be to be threatened with violence by your father. If you are ever in a situation where you safety is threatened, it is your right to contact local police to ensure that someone can protect you and keep you safe. Contacting Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 or visiting https://www.childhelp.org/ may help you with getting support in dealing with what's going on at home between you and your father.

You mentioned you may need a place to go to if your father puts you out of the house. It’s great that you are planning ahead. We can definitely help you locate some resources such as shelters or counseling in the Chicagoland area. If you were able to call in to our crisis line or chat with us through our website at www.1800runaway.org, we would be more than happy to provide you with resources. Our 24 hour crisis line is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

We look forward to hearing from you soon and wish you well.

Be safe and take care,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X