Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me answer me plzz

my family is always emotionaly abusive and I am treated differently from my brother.i have not attended school in 6 monthes because of bullying and I am so tired of this life.i want to be emancipated but idk if I am old enough or if my state even allows it.

Re: help me answer me plzz

Hi there,
    Thank you for reaching out to NRS and sharing your situation with us. It sounds like things are very difficult at home and school right now. Of course, you have every right to feel safe emotionally and physically in your home and at school. Does anyone know that you have not been attending school (such as grandparents, friends, teachers, counselors), or about the emotional abuse that you have been experiencing at home? You mentioned bullying at school, and there are some resources that could potentially be helpful to you for what you had been experiencing at home:

www.stopbullying.gov
    www.netsmartz.org
    www.pacer.org/bullying

You said that you are tired of this life and this sounds like a very hard time that you have been going through. We’re so glad that you have reached out to us and told us what you’re feeling. We want to let you know that there are other resources out there, too. The National Suicide Hotline at (800) 273 TALK (8255) is available 24/7, with trained counselors that can try to assist you with the feelings that you have been sharing. They also have a chat program that you can access through here: www.sucidepreventionlifeline.org if you prefer to talk online.

You mentioned emancipation, which is a great thing to be thinking about. If you call us we can try to talk through what that would look like in more detail, but we are not legal experts. Generally speaking, it can take a little bit of time (around 6 months), and can be expensive (requires help from a lawyer).

At NRS we have a large database here of different resources, which includes legal, shelter, transitional living and counseling services. If these options are something that you think would benefit you, or if you would like to just talk more about what that would be like, you can call us and we can explore what is in your area further. At NRS we are completely confidential and available 24/7 to discuss your situation. Please feel free to reach out to us via our online chat services at www.1800runaway.org or via our safeline number 1-800-786-2929 and we will do our best to help in any way we can.

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

my whole school knows why I aint there and I have a therapist but I don't see her much an the problem with calling a suicide hotline is that I have a fear of speaking at all because my family tells me everything I say is stupid so I have got to the point were I am scared to talk to ppl anymore so I wont call that hotline.i am gonna leave tonight I think..

Comment

re:

Hey again,

Thanks for reaching out to us, we're sorry that things are still looking kinda rough. The cool thing about the National Suicide Hotline is that they have a live chat service, just like us. The cool thing about their is that they are a 24/7 chat service, if you would like to chat with them follow the link below:

http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline...elineChat.aspx

You expressed that you are thinking about running away tonight, there are some things that you might want to brainstorm about before you leave. We have listed some questions below that you can consider thinking about:

Do I have a place to stay?
        What about school? Would I continue to get an education?
        Am I going to be gone awhile or coming back in a few days?
        What would I do for money? Shelter? Food? Transportation?
        Who can I depend on if I leave home?
        Do I have a safe, solid plan?
        What is my plan b in case my first plan doesn’t work?
        What have I done to make things better at home?
        What can I do to make things better at home?
        Who have I reached out to make things better at home?

If you feel like you would want to talk to someone about your situation a little further or would like to talk about shelters in your area, please feel free to reach out to our chat service, it is open from 4:30 PM until 11:30 PM CST. Or, as always, our hotline is available 24/7 and we can be reached at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We wish you the best of luck in whatever it is you decide to do.

Stay strong,

NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
        x
        x
        Working...
        X