•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod2
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runimeaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time and we want you to know you are not alone,
    One option you could consider would be speaking with a school counselor about what is going on at home. Sometimes speaking with an adult can help offer support and help with options and resources. We are not legal experts but do have some information. If you were to leave home without permission your legal guardian could file a runaway report. If the police were to find you it is a possibility that you could be brought back home. If running away is your best option, you could always give us a call and we can try and find you somewhere to stay.
    We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    hello, I am almost 16 and my parents are constantly nagging me about being who they want me to be like can I not be my own person. I have run away once and got sent to Methodist bc I was glad I did it and yesterday my mom decided to think that I have run away yet again and I had thought about it last night bc my stepfather said if I walk out the door to never look back and to never come back yea I love them all but I want to have my own life and they know I used to be beaten and everything else but they don't care they think I deserve it I am doing all that I can to get away. i have no money and i have a place to go but i have to wait three weeks but i can't wait that long can some one help me out.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. You don’t deserve to be made to feel unwanted or isolated to this extent.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe, NRS

Guest replied
    I am 12. I obviously have no money no job. I really want to run away i no longer have a phone or a door in my room. I feel so unwanted everyone is mad at me and I feel like I cause to much problems I don't have any friends I can stay with and all my family will go and tell my mom where I am. I need help! I can't keep crying myself to sleep every night because I have no one to talk to. What do I do?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Thanks for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. You made a great first step to finding the help that you may need. It sounds like you are going through a lot and the people around you are not being supportive. You deserve to be treated with respect, to experience acceptance and to feel safe.

We want you to know that you are strong for having gone through so much already. It is perfectly okay to deviate from what others or the common population believe to be “normal”. You’re bravery and resilience is so admirable. You are so strong for having gone through so much without having the acceptance that you do deserve for just being you. Remember that you are not alone. If you ever want to talk more about what you are experiencing or get additional support we are here 24/7 at 1800-RUNAWAY or our live chat service. The GLBT National Hotline at 1888-843-4564 is another option to gain great support from those that are familiar with the issues and experiences of those that are also a part of the LGBTQ community. You can access their website link bellow to utilize all the other possibly useful resources they have to offer: http://www.glbthotline.org/

You mentioned that you were considering the options that may be best for you. By all means, if you do fear for your safety either now or in the future, do not hesitate to take the necessary steps to regain your safety. This may mean calling the authorities or possibly reporting the things you may be experiencing. Other options to think about may be other family members, friends, or a trusted adults that would be able to provide you with support or a safe place to stay. It is great that you thinking ahead. Should you feel like leaving home is best, it may be a good idea to think about how you will provide necessities for yourself such as food, clothing, showers, healthcare and other basic needs. You may want to also consider how your parent’s will react to you leaving without permission. We are not legal experts here, but typically as a minor (under the age of 1 you need permission from your parents to leave home. It is not illegal to runaway, but it would mean that your parents could file a runaway report with the police. This is usually done in an effort to try to return you home as the police are required to do so.

If you can give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY or reach out through Live Chat at www.1800runuaway.org. We can try to find some youth shelters that may be near your city and state by utilizing our database of resources. We can also try to call out to shelters with you or on your behalf to advocate for you. Some other great resources are as follows:
    Trans Lifeline: 877-565-8860; https://www.translifeline.org/
    Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386; text “START” to 678678; chat at https://www.thetrevorproject.org/

Hope to hear from you soon. Stay safe.
    NRS

Guest replied
    I'm getting into fights with my parents all the time and I need help running away
    I'm 12 and transgender

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi,
    Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear things at home have been so hard.
    We are sorry to hear you are in such a hard situation, and we wish we could help you. Unfortunately, our hotline is specifically designed to assist young people in the United States that are in crisis. Our database has services that only serve the United States. You can always reach out to http://childhelpinternational.com to begin getting help where you are.
    We wish you good luck. Stay safe and strong.
    NRS

Guest replied
    From Nepal.
    Gender Male.
    Age 17 soon Or 16.
    ​​​​​​

I want to run away from home. But I have Less money, about 1200 npr. I have a Android phone. I need help running away from home. I want to run away from home because, my life is not in track, due to family problems.
    My dad dosent understand me. No one cares about me, I did fight with dad with 3 4 times, he doesn't listen to me. I have suside thoughts many time . If this will keep gooing I will do suscide. I feel like I m stuck here or in jail. In home I don't have a basic things. My family always fight, always in weeks. I am tired of this life. And I have many reasons to run away from home.
    My English Grammer is not good but please try to understand my English.
    ​​​​​​​​​I am a mastermind person & I know I will make a good plan to escape. But problem here is of money. The less money = week plan.
    I want to know if this website's any service is available in Nepal or not ? Please help me to run away from here

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do.

You mentioned some things about mom and uncle hitting you and it raises concern for your safety and well-being. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are currently at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS

We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Guest replied
    hey its me again hello thank you for being here im 8 years old and my mom and my unkle you know hit me and yell its annoying so yeah and i think im going to run away at night i say i am and then i dont and then i just think about how perfect i can be without this happning to me.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. You and your safety are our top priority here at NRS, and we are happy to help you through this. You are not alone! Looking out for your well-being and asking for help shows you are a very brave person.

There are many different shelters and transitional living programs in the U.S., and they each have their own qualifications for people who can access them. As far as school goes, it would be best to contact the shelter or your school to talk about different enrollment options while you’re living there.

You also mentioned that you may be kicked out of your home soon, which can be considered neglect. If you would like to file a neglect report you can contact the Childhelp hotline at 800-422-4453, and they can help walk you through the steps of the report. We can also file a report on your behalf if this is an option you are interested in.

We’d like to encourage you to reach out to us by calling (800-786-2929) or live chatting us if you’d like to get more specific information about shelters and other resources in your area. We are open 24/7 and are always here to help.

Thank you again for contacting us, and stay safe.

NRS

Guest replied
    Hi, I'm 14 and have no where to go most of my friend's live out of state and the few friend's I have here with me won't be able to take me in because it would be the first place they would look I am physically exhausted and emotionally I have slot of questions about a runaway home and how long they'll keep and if they'll let me keep the little stuff I have and if I could still go to my school and if they'll turn me in to my parents I really need to know I need to leave fast I was told I would be kicked out but I have no where to go

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    As a legal adult, you have a right to make your own decisions about where you live. We can help you make a plan for how to deal with your situation and help you find resources to land on your feet. Having a plan for where you will live and how you will survive once you move out can be very helpful. Moving can be a huge step, and you don’t have to be alone. Some steps you can take towards independence might be to find employment if you don’t have an income, or to save up money for moving expenses. It can also be helpful to research rents in your area, find a roommate, or make a budget. Another thing you might want to consider is what kinds of things you depend on your parents for currently such as tuition expenses for school, or health insurance, and whether they would continue to provide those things after you leave. There may be social service agencies in your area that can help meet some of these needs, such as Transitional Living Programs, a kind of shelter where young adults can live and get services to help them transition to independent living. We are here to listen and help however we can.

Guest replied
    I’m 18 and everyday my boyfriend makes me feel worse and worse about myself. He tells me I’m disgusting and argued with me and checks out every other female that walks by. I’m so tired of feeling ugly and hating myself, I used to love myself. I’ve been depending on him a lot financially since COVID bc I have stomach problems and my doctors are pretty sure it’s an autoimmune disease. I don’t have my car, or money, or a phone on my own plan. But I really just want to go. I can’t keep putting up with this, but I have no idea what I should do.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through some intense stuff and we want to support you. Whether or not you feel like you need to run away is up to you and whether or not you feel safe where you are. We would be happy to help you in whatever way we can. We can provide referrals to mental health resources, shelters, legal advocacy, among other things. We can also just talk you through whatever your situation is and help you figure out what your options are. We aim to empower youths and we prioritize their safety and their well-being. If you are interested in anything that we have to offer, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

Take care,
    NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X