Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reply: Hello, I am 12 year old girl.

Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We would like to be of assistance to you if we can. It is times like these that would be nice to have a listening ear. It is also important that you remember to exercise self- care. You showed some by reaching out to NRS. Good for you.
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat so that we might learn a little more about your situation and how we might assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
    NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I'm 12 and I want to run away the only problem is my parents will have the whole family looking for mexperienced how do I do this with no money

Comment

• ccsmod10
        ccsmod10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
        While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.

We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
        Be safe,

NRS

I'm 18 and want to leave home and go to Las Vegas I might only have enough to get there but I don't know how I'll have enough when i am there. How can i get some quick cash?

Comment

• ccsmod2
        ccsmod2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello There,
        Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen.
        Leaving home can be scary, even though you are at a legal age to leave home it may be difficult if you do not have the funds to live on your own. Going to Las Vegas with nowhere to stay and not having any money can be dangerous. You may want to consider staying at home and saving money until you have enough to support yourself alone. But you know your situation more than anyone so it is completely your choice of what you decide to do.
        If you would like to make quick cash you could consider babysitting because usually you get cash from that the same day. Another option you could consider is being a server at a restaurant, a lot of times you make tips which would usually be cash.
        We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
        NRS

Hi. I'm 14. And planning to run away. Do you have any ideas on how I can get money.

Comment

• ccsmod1
        ccsmod1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about your plans, we know that it takes a lot of courage. Most states have a minimum working age as 16 and may still need parental permission. If you have a place in mind that you are interested in working at you may want to speak with them directly about their hiring policies. It’s important to consider all the possibilities that can occur if you leave home. You will need to plan out how you will cover basic necessities like travel, food, clothing, etc. If you have a place to go in mind, it’s good to see what the expectations of the living arrangement will be like; rules, the amount of time you’re allowed to stay, if you’re expected to contribute financially, etc. Living on your own can also bring about many safety risks. You will need to consider ways that you can protect yourself from physical harm as well as the possibility of sexual and labor exploitation. This can all influence your decision to leave.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
        NRS

I'm 14 my dad has been drinking and hitting me.we have no food I'm tired of living here. I'm leaving but have no money or car. I just don't know what to do. I'm a female. I'm just done with people hurting me .

Comment

• ccsmod7
        ccsmod7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there, thanks for reaching out today. Sounds like you are really going through it with being hit and not having food to eat. You must be incredibly resilient for going through so much stress and hurt. Here at NRS, we truly want to help you during this difficult time.

We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

If you are planning on running and do not have a safe place to go, you can always call or chat us to see if there are any youth shelters in your area: www.1800runaway.org/1-800-RUNAWAY. Here at NRS, we are primarily concerned about your safety and if you do leave it is important to focus on how you would stay safe.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website.

Best of luck,

NRS

I'm planning on running away from home but I'm only 14 and I have no money apart from odd 1p and 2p collection and I just can't deal with my family problems

Please help me......

Comment

• ccsmod1
        ccsmod1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Be safe,
        NRS

I don't know what to do Im tired o being with my godparents they're make feel so overwhelmed my godmother is just talking bad stuff about me punishing me and she says is for my future and its not true she the thing that do is just mess up my life she even talked about my parents very bad I dont know what to do Im a 13 year old male Im bi. so all I just want is leave with my parents but theres no chances I could get with them I also thought what If I was dead so nothing happened to me I dont feel confortable they make me feel like trash and they treat me like a servant like a slave to do stuff not bad but theyre hurting me emotionally I need help and I dont have no phone no money and I dont trust no one Im alone n this world.

Comment

• ccsmod13
        ccsmod13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,

It was very brave of you to reach out to us here at NRS, and we appreciate you sharing a bit about your situation. You do not deserve to be made to feel overwhelmed or uncomfortable at home. You do deserve to be treated with respect and to feel supported. It sounds like your godparents have been making home really stressful, and that is a tough spot to be in. Even if they are not physically abusive, emotional abuse is really difficult to cope with on your own and it is not okay.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you with figuring out your next steps in this difficult situation. Asking for help was really responsible and smart of you. Having a support system during difficult times is really important so that you don't have to go about this alone. Of course we are here 24/7 to listen and be a support, but it would also be helpful for you to connect with others for support and help as well. This may be friends, family members, religious leaders, a teacher or counselor at school, or any adult that you trust. If you are not quite ready to talk with anyone in person, you can talk with someone at thetrevorproject.org. This is a crisis line for young people who are a part of the LGBTQ community and you can connect with other young people who may share similar experiences.

We want to keep talking with you, so that we can continue to explore your options. We can best help by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or live chat services at 1800runaway.org so that we can talk more in depth about your situation. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X