• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod14
    replied
    Re: Please Help

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like things at home have been pretty tough with your mom and your brother blaming you for everything, and your brother telling you that you should end your own life. That is definitely not something that you deserve to be hearing from anybody and we’re sorry that your mom has not been intervening. We’re glad that you found our bulletin board and shared your story with us. We’re here to help.

It is understandable that you would feel hurt by your family, and that you would want to live somewhere else away from them. You deserve to feel safe in your own home and from what you have shared, it doesn’t sound like you’re getting the support system that you’re seeking. Have you been able to talk to your mom about the reasons that she doesn’t say anything to your brother, or the reasons that they blame you for everything? One of the services that we offer here at the National Runaway Safeline is conference calling. This means that if you were to call us at 1800runaway, we could make a call out to a legal guardian with you and facilitate and mediate a conversation between you and your mom. Sometimes it can be helpful to have help from another person to make sure that you are able to communicate everything that you want.

You shared that you are very young, so it sounds like it would not be best for you to move out. If you were to not live at home with your mom and your brother, where do you think you would live? We’re not here to tell you what to do, you know your situation better than we do. One option we want to let you know that you have is nationalsafeplace.org, if you are ever feeling like you need to get out and are in need of a safe place to go. On the link provided, you can explore if there are any agencies near you that may be able to have a crisis worker come out to you and talk about what’s going on at home.

We hope that this information has helped. If you would like to talk more, please do call or chat with us. We’re here to support you as much as we can with whatever you may need.

Best of luck and stay safe,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Please Help

Please Help

I want to leave my family. I'm very young so I can't move out. My mom and brother blame me for everything and my brother always tells me to kill myself and my mom never argues that. It hurts me a lot and I don't want to live with them. All they do is make me feel worthless and hated. I know they don't care about me. I'm 11.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X