• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod4
    replied
    Planning to run away but don't know where to go

Hello,

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.
    It sounds like you are having quite a few issues at home that has caused you to feel frustrated and longing to leave. That’s tough. You don’t deserve to have such terrible things said to you.
    We can’t imagine what that must have felt like. Are you okay?

It should not be hard for anyone to understand that such harsh words and constant bickering might generate some feelings of depression and even thoughts of suicide. We applaud you for your strength to look at other options that are of positive mind. It seems that you have already looked at some other possible options and that’s good. Your plan to attend college next year sounds like it has given you some sense of purpose and direction that you can look forward too. Good for you.

FYI: The National Suicide Hotline is available 24hrs at: 1-800-273-8255

In reference to your age most states consider someone being eighteen years of age an adult. At this age you have the right to your independence meaning you can make your own choices. Does that make sense? It does not prohibit them from trying to find you.

Right to privacy: most colleges will not give out private information on their students unless authorized by the student. You might consider speaking with the enrollment office of whatever university you decide to attend about the student right to privacy laws.
    Does that make sense?

We are glad you reached out to NRS and we hope that you are able to find coping measures that help you at home.
    You are welcome to contact our 24hr crisis line if you would like information or referrals for counseling services in your area.
    Just call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or visit www.1800Runaway.org (For our live chat service).

Take Care,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Planning to run away but don't know where to go

Planning to run away but don't know where to go

ok so I'm 17 about to go in grd 12 I don't get along with my mom or my stepdad it's really hard living with them and my younger siblings I don't think I can deal with this much longer I get into arguements all the time with my mom, stepdad, sister and brother. I don't belong here with them my mom constantly tells me she hates me and even tells me to leave and says I'm a disgrace to this family she constantly compared me to my real dad who apparently I'm just like and that's why she hates me so much. She tells me to leave and how she hates me almost everyday I get blamed for everything in my house and I just don't fit in and I'm not happy at home it honestly doesn't even feel like home. I feel like I'm verbally abused everyday of my life and I cannot take it anymore. I planned to go to university here in my hometown but I think I will just go somewhere else and not tell my family that then next summer I will just run away from here to university and they will never know and I'll be 18 so they can't come to find me right? I don't know what other way I can run away or where is even go. We had a really big fight tonight and I just left the house and walked around I ended up coming back but I honestly didn't want to I just wanted to keep walking even though I had nowhere to go. I thought about killing myself but I realized that won't help anyone. I really think running away next year is my best option because I cannot spend much more time here with my so called family.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X