Im 16 and my dad wants to kick me out.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im 16 and my dad wants to kick me out.

Two days ago me and my family were eating dinner at home and almost everytime I'm around my dad he has to make a prejudice joke because he knows it gets under my skin. Well, he was making jokes and I wasn't saying anything because I don't want to start a fight so to distract myself I was looking on my phone. Usually, my parents do not care for phones at the table because they understand I have a huge following on social media and know that could be a potential career for me. I don't think me being on my phone was the problem but my dad slammed his hand on the table and yanked my phone out of my hand. He screamed, "every time I look at your phone I see a black person." That led us getting into a fight on how he is racist and hates me because I don't believe in the same thing he believes in. We fought for over an hour and he ended saying that I was nothing but a deadbeat because I only for three days a week and don't have my licenses yet and that I don't go to church anymore. He threated to kick me out but my mom said she wouldn't let that happen. My parents fought over me for a long time too. my mom and I had a huge discussion and I opened up to her about how I was bi and how I tried to kill my self. My mom said that she loved me but the look in her eyes seemed like she wouldn't fight for me to stay in the house anymore. I'm very scared that they will kick me out and I have no idea what to do.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your safety and well-being is a top priority and it takes great courage and responsibility to ask for help when things get out of hand or even dangerous. It sounds like your home environment is extremely painful at the moment but it’s great that you’re reaching out for support. I’m sorry to hear that your father is treating you this way. You don’t deserve to be treated like that—no one does. It’s great that your mother is standing up for you, though, even if it sounds like there’s some concern she might not stand up for you should things come to a head and your father try to follow through with kicking you out of the house.

You mentioned that you’ve attempted suicide. This is a serious concern and of utmost importance. We’re so sorry to hear that you went through that. You must have been in a tremendous amount of pain and it’s crucial to focus on your health now. You shouldn't be afraid to tell other people what you are thinking about doing especially if you are thinking about hurting yourself. You are certainly not alone in this and there are many many people that are here to help you. A good resource might be to call the ‘National Suicide Hotline’ for someone to talk about what thoughts you might be thinking at the time. Their number is 800.273.TALK. They also have an online chat service that might be of help to you especially if you don’t feel like calling in (https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/).

Second, you should know that it is illegal for your father to kick you out of the house. He could be charged with neglect if he did so, and you could immediately call us (NRS), the police or child protective services in your home state for help if this were to happen.

It sounds like your mother loves you very much and wouldn’t want anything to come between you two, no matter what your father’s intentions and feelings may be. If she responded negatively to your coming out, or if you’re wrestling with your sexuality in any way, there are resources available for support such as the LGBT National Hotline (1-888-843-4564) and LGBT National Youth Talkline (1-800-246-7743). If you feel as though no one in your house is there to defend you, it might be good to reach out to another family member or counselor at school for support. These people could also serve as mediators when you talk to your parents about what’s going on. Lastly, it’s important that you remember to prioritize your own well-being when you feel stuck in a scary environment. Self-care practices such as exercise, journaling and meditation can provide a great deal of relief when you feel trapped in crisis. It sounds like you’ve got a tremendous amount of self-awareness and determination to make things right for yourself, though. That’s no small feat, considering all you’ve been through.

Once again, thank you for contacting us. What you’re going through sounds incredibly challenging but we’re here to help in any way we can. Don’t hesitate to call or chat with us if you need any further assistance, or simply want to talk. We’re here to listen.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Dude my mom kicked me out and I have nowhere to go and I'm 16. The closest person I know is a few hours away but they're all so busy and can't come get me. and I live in a really small town so no buses or anything would come out here even if I have the money.

Comment

• ccsmod2
        ccsmod2
        Super Moderator
        ccsmod2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to hear that things are very difficult at the moment. You do have a few options for things that could help you. First would be looking up the National Safe Place Foundation. They have places all over the country you can go stay no questions asked. Another option would be calling the police. They could give you a ride to somewhere to stay. On top of that, you could report the neglect of being kicked out(that is illegal) to the police while you are there. We wish you safety in the very near future. If you have more questions, don’t hesitate to contact us via online chat or on the phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY

Eye I'm the same age and my grandpa wants to kick me out and throw me in jail... I didnt do anything wrong.
      he acts like he hates the crap out of me.

Comment

• ccsmod7
        ccsmod7
        Super Moderator
        ccsmod7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for your response to another user’s post. Sounds like you are really going through an unfair situation as well. Often forums are a place of support and understanding for many youth. It often may be validating and helpful for users to read similar situations as well as exchange feedback to one another. For anyone experiencing any difficulties or challenges, the National Runaway Safeline encourages youth to reach out to our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone or chat for immediate services. Please know we are always here for you: 1-800-RUNAWAY; www.1800runaway.org.

Thank you,

NRS

Hey
      I'm 16 and my dad and grandfather want me my mom too leave his house specially me because I am not following his dreams his dream job . He wants me to become an IAS officer but I want to try in modeling and want to open my own business. He says that I am a girl so I can't handle things like business. This year I was planning to go korea because I have so many friends there and they are ready to support me . But my father want me to study in london or america because western countries are more famous . But I don't get it why he don't support me . According to him I am ugly and the baddest daughter . Just because I am not doing the career he chose for me .

what do u think am I doing right ?? Leaving my father and going to enjoy my own world I know it will be hard for me in different country but I am ready .

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15
        Super Moderator
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are sorry your grandfather isn't supporting you the way you want. It sounds like some members of your family want you to go in certain life directions that you don't want to follow. While we never tell anyone what to do, we do believe that you should be supported in goals that you choose and that are right for you. Perhaps you can find support from other adults that will believe in you: maybe a teacher, counselor, or other relative.

From what you shared and after checking your IP address it looks like you are contacting us from outside the United States. We aren't really familiar with international youth laws or resources in your local area, so it would be best to look for a youth crisis hotline closer to home. Here is a website that can help you figure out who you might be able to contact: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope this information helps and you are able to lead the life you want. Please be safe and get the support you need and deserve!

All the best,
        NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X