Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am 16 and 3/4 and I need to get out of my house.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am 16 and 3/4 and I need to get out of my house.

Hi. I am 16 and I really can not live at my dads house any more. And i cant live at my moms house either. I use to live at my moms but then I moved to my dads because my mother never let me eat. And she use to make me sit in my room and just stare at my walls, I never got to leave the house and i never got to use the phone or internet. I litteraly just sat in my room and staredat my walls. So eventually some thing happened(that I dont want to share) but finally I moved in with my dad. But things got worse there too. He makes me work all the time with him in our back yard(which is really big and has woods bin the way very back). I dont get paid for anything I do which is perfectly fine if i didnt haft to work all the time. And even when i do work with him he still says i dont do anything. My step mother blames me for everything. The other day she lost some money and came up in my room and searched my pockets and threw things around in my room and thre everything around. And then after that my dad came up in my room after she left and started yelling in my face and spitting in it and then later they found the money and said they were sorry. I just really need to get out of this house. It isnt a good place for me to live. I really nede to get out of here. I want to run away and stay gone forever. But my wonderful girlfriend says it is a really bad idea for me to do that and it will only make things worse. and I know that. So i need to know what to do. I tried living with my sister but she said that she doesnt have the money. And I cant wait until i turn 17 because i might be gone by then. I need advice asap please

Re: I am 16 and 3/4 and I need to get out of my house.

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your situation on our bulletin boards. It sounds like you’re seriously considering leaving your dad’s house and aren’t exactly sure what to do at this point. We’re sorry to hear things are still not going all that great after moving from your mom’s to your dad’s house. It sounds like you don’t mind doing yard work at your dad’s house, but just wish it wasn’t all the time. We imagine it’s also frustrating being blamed for things you don’t actually do (such as taking your stepmother’s money.)

We’d be happy to continue talking to you about your situation and hopefully come up with some options; however, we are non-directive here meaning we don’t give advice. Instead, we try and work together to help you get to the point where you are comfortable in making what you feel is the best decision. We do care about safety and also have the ability to locate different types of resources such as youth shelters, drop in centers, and counseling. We don’t know your city/state, so one place to start is National Safe Place. http://nationalsafeplace.org/ Please feel free to reach out directly either through Live Chat or by calling in to 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929.) Good luck!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X