Help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

I am 16 and I am currently living with my mother. I am unhappy here. Because I have no opportunity here. I truly want to live with my father. He gets me on the weekends. I do more with him than my mom and I am only there for 2 days. While I am at my moms I am a babysitter. I babysit and I wash dishes and do whatever she asks me to do. But no matter what I do I don't go anywhere nor do I do anything. I wanted to get a job but she wants me to get a job under the table so her rent won't go up. She has section 8 and food stamps and if I get a job her rent goes up. I want to get a job so I get a taste of the job world. Plus I want to go to college. But with having to pay for her rent I won't have money for college or anything. I have opportunity at my fathers. He would actually take me out and do things with me. Whereas my mom has me 5 days out of the week and I ask her to do something I can't which makes me upset because I do everything she asks. I went to court with my dad before. But the day before court I was in custody of my mom and she told me that I wouldn't see my brothers that much. At the time I was 13 and I was scared so the day of court I told the judge I wanted to live with my mom. Now that I am old enough to understand why I should live with my dad I want to go. But ever since I messed up my dad says if you want to live with me you will have to do it on your own. And I need something to help me so I can start having a teenage life before it's too late. Please help is there anyone I can contact to help my situation. Can social services help.?

Re: Help!

Hi there,

If you have contacted NRS today through another means (for example, live chat, email or bulletin) for the same issue, it would be helpful to let us know that you have already contacted us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services.

Thank you,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X