No announcement yet.

I can’t stand living in the same house as my mum anymore

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I can’t stand living in the same house as my mum anymore

    I’m 17 and I am at the point where I can not live in the same house as my mother anymore. I still attend school, I have my licence and I have a casual job. My parents are divorced but my dad lives out the back in a caravan so he is still involved in my life but when mum turns nasty he becomes a coward and takes her side to please her. She is always right in her mind! I try to go out all the time and hang with my friends as they make me feel better and so that I don’t have to be home. I have a curfew at 12:30 but My mum does not trust me and always hounds me and carries on. She is a very manipulative woman and is sponging my dad’s money off him and it makes me so angry at what she is doing. We had a massive fight the other day as I had made plans to go fishing with my mates. She said no and I exploded and I left anyways. She called me and abused me and told me she would stab me in the heart and report my car as stolen. She screamed at me in a horrific manner. She has done this numerous times when I’ve been with friends and they are horrified. I don’t know what to do anymore I have four terms of school left and I’ll be 18 in 6 months, I’m majorly depressed and I don’t know what to do.

  • #2
    Thank you for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like you a dealing with a difficult situation at home. You mentioned that you cannot live at home anymore. We are not legal experts but generally speaking, if you were to run away your parents could file a runaway report which is a status offense. If the police were to find you they would call your parents to have you return home. It takes courage to reach out for support and speak about how all of this makes you feel.

    You also mentioned that you and your mom get into massive fights and that she is also abusive towards you, which is causing a toll on your mental health. We’re sorry to hear that you don’t feel supported at home. Here at NRS, we are truly here to help. If you haven’t in the past, you can reach out to SAMSHA 1-877-726-4727 or visit their website for additional support. If you feel like talking to a mental health professional that might help, you can search your city and state at to find low to no cost mental health resources in your area as well.

    If you want to talk through your plans and other options, our hotline is available 24/7. You can call us any time at 1-800-786-2929 to talk of if you need resources or support. We hope to hear from you soon and wish you all the best.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp