Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm almost 16 and I've been thinking of running away since I was around 8

I have no idea why the idea of running away seems so appealing to me, or why it always has. I don't necessarily have family problems and the only other person who knows about this is my best friend. Most of the time I feel as if I won't actually do it, but there are times where I feel like I could run away and never look back. I don't have any plans on where to go or what I'd do for money, I'm not sure I'd care either. These thoughts always scare me and I don't know why I get them or how to make them go away.

I'm almost 16 and I've been thinking of running away since I was around 8

Hello,

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

Your topic of conversation is very interesting. Though you say you don’t have any family issues of concern you still find it appealing to run away from home.
    We would like to hear more. It sounds like having these thoughts about running away frighten you.
    Would you like to talk with us about those times when it does feel like you could leave home and never look back?

You can call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or visit www.1800Runaway.org to talk or chat about your situation.
    Our crisis line is available 24hrs hours a day.
    How does that sound?

We look forward to hearing the rest of your story.
    Take care and be well,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X