No announcement yet.

I want to not deal with this anymore

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I want to not deal with this anymore

    I am 14 years old and want to find any possible way to leave home. My father is emotionally abusive everyday, and has been very physically abusive in the past to myself, my mother and brother. My mother sticks up for him and takes all of the fights out on me and I get framed as the bad guy when in reality, I just attempt to stick up for myself, and he plays it as if he is the victim and calls me out for every single mistake I have made in my life. I have recently been feeling very fatigued, and have headaches 24/7, I always think of the god awful memories in my home life and can not seem to stop, I feel depressed. I've been spit on, kicked, slapped, and have had a hand to my throat, multiple times, these things have happened rarely recently, but alot when I was younger, and when I bring them up, my mother tells me that that is the past and there is nothing she can do about it now. I can barley type these things, it pisses me off so much how naive and gulible she is. I am not just a normal teenage girl that despises her family, I am abused and am told in every possible way that I am the abuser, I still love my mother very much, but she always takes my fathers side and even when she does, he still finds a way to treat her poorly or as if she is to weak to "stand up to me". My father will even twist things on me and say I patronize and manipulate my family, when I god danm know that it is him and not me. I despritly want to leave home and go to a childrens center or something of the sort but know I am underage, please help me, what can I do?

  • #2
    Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing with us what's been going on. We're very sorry to hear that you're going through all this. It sounds like you're feeling overwhelmed and alienated, and you definitely don't deserve to be treated poorly by your parents. From what you've told us, some of the behaviors of your parents towards you could potentially be considered child abuse. One option you have is to contact your local Child Protection Services agencies and inform them of what's been going on. Your local CPS can send case workers to offer services to your family such as counseling and parenting lessons. In the mean time, if you need access to free or local cost counseling clinics, we can provide you with referrals to those resources if you let us know what city and state you're in. It is a great first step for you to contact us. We wish you the best of luck and feel free to call us any time at our 24/7 toll free hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (7862929). Thanks again!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    • #3
      Hey. I'm a 15 year old boy and I live in Virginia. I'm so sick of living with my family. Mostly because of my father but everyone else in my family is also a reason, too. They all despise me every once in a while and it's too much honestly, it just adds up and i've had enough. But my dad is the worst. Always yelling, causing fights, used to hit us and spit on us. He'll never change, and honestly I hate him. I won't call child services because i don't want him in trouble. I just want to leave. I have a plan and where to go and what to do and everything worked out. I've been planning this for over a year. Im going to runaway and bike myself over a couple states, undetected over the span of around a week. Until i hit my destination which is a couple states away, but as i said, that's fine. I have people there who can help me and when i get enough money i'm going to get myself a lawyer and become emancipated so i don't always have to live in worry that my parents will find me. but i doubt they would think i would travel states and even if they call the police, i'm doubt the police will even look for me, let alone find me. I just can never get myself to do it. But i know for sure this saturday im doing it. I've had enough and it's always depressing around. I've spent all of 2017 miserable because of him! I am so done.


      • ccsmod2
        ccsmod2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We are very sorry to hear about the way your family has been treating you, especially your father. Abuse is never okay, and you don't deserve to be treated that way. You mentioned that you don't want to contact child services because you don't want your father to get in trouble. That is understandable, however you do still have the option to report the abuse if you change your mind. Child Help is a great resource for abuse reporting (1-800-422-4453). You could also ask your parents if they would allow you to move in with someone that you trust such as a family member or close friend. You deserve to be happy and not depressed or miserable.

        If you decide to runaway, your family has the right to file a runaway report. With a runaway report, if the police find you they would return you home. Runaway reports are nation wide so even if you do decide to go to another state, the police may still find you. You mentioned that you are interested in becoming emancipated. Each state has different emancipation laws, if you would like more information on emancipation please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp