Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runaway

I ran away from home 2 days ago, I'm not comfortable putting my state in but I don't have family to go to and I can't go back because if I do my Mom will just throw stuff at me and tell me to get out. But she said if I don't come back she will call the cops and she might turn off my phone what do I do? I need help right now!

RE: Runaway

Hey there,

We’re sorry to hear you’re in a tough place right now. If you are under 18 and your mom is your legal guardian she isn’t allowed to kick you out of the house, let alone throw things at you. No one deserves to be treated that way. Especially at home where you should be treated with love and respect. You always have the right to report any abuse to your local police department or child protective service in your state. If you don’t feel comfortable with filing a report against your mother, you can always call us anytime you want. There is always someone here to help you. Hopefully we can help you come up with some ideas on what your next step might be.

At the same time, it sounds like she might try to make a runaway report on you. We’re here to support you in whatever way we can, though. You definitely have some options. One option might be to find a shelter in your area. We have a large database of resources: shelters, counseling options, legal resources, etc.

If you give us a call we can get to know your situation better to help you figure out what your next best step might be. We could even do a conference call with your mom and try to advocate for you, but that’s up to you. We never tell anyone what to do and all calls are confidential. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) and we’re here 24/7. If your mom turns your phone off you can try to use a public phone or email us at [email protected]. We hope to hear from you!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X