Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I live in Australia and I Need Help

Hi...

I am 15 and my home is very overwhelming at the moment. When i was about 1 my biological parents split then at the age of 10 me and my dad with his girlfriend moved to the other side of Australia. My Nan then followed.Today my parents are married, but not as happily as I thought.
    They went Christmas shopping today around 30 minutes ago and like most kids I went into their room to find presents but I found something no kid wants to see. On their coffee table was a file with divorce papers and my step-mums diary. Now this may seem nosey and I know it is but I then proceeded to read the whole diary. To my disgust I found out that my father had been cheating on my step-mum for the last 7 years. She is now pregnant as well with my only sibling due in April, in the diary she said that after Christmas she was going to fully divorce him and that he would have to move out. It didn't say anything about where I would go on to live or with whom? So I am very worried about what is going to happen and I am literally sitting here right now typing this crying a river. Imagine that, one of the coolest kids in high-school a 6 foot white kid crying because he is so confused.

Can someone please help me?

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: http://www.childhelplineinternationa...where-we-work/
    We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Once you are back in the U.S. don't hesitate to give us a call and we could possibly connect you with resources for shelter and other needs that you might have.

Good luck,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hi my name is Forest and I live in Australia,
      when I was seven my parents spilt and my mum had been in and out of relationships since until she got married recently. I have now moved to my dads because of my step dad and the craziness of my mum and him. School has been overwhelming since it has been destroying my mental health. Right now I’m not in a good mental state and is wanting to runaway from home. Could I get some help please

Comment

• ccsmod0
        ccsmod0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X