No announcement yet.

I'm thinking about running away from my parents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. Im 12. I know you will probably think oh shes only 12 she’s probably over exaggerating. But I’m so scared of my dad and I’ve thought of running away more than once. I’ve even planned it. My dad shouts at me all the time and I cry often more than once a day. He told me to help him with something before and it was too complex for me because I’m 12. He started saying things to me like why don’t you get it what’s the point of me sending you to school then. I started crying and I was pinching myself so he wouldn’t hear me crying but he did and suddenly shouted why are you crying which made me cry harder and he said what kind of person acts like you your useless. And I was sobbing at this point. Then he said clearly all you know how to do is cry so why don’t you just go to your room and cry then. I ran upstairs to my room and locked the door and started having a panic attack. I was shaking and crying uncontrollably. I have a rabbit and once she had managed to get some fruit and was eating it.i let her roam the house sometimes. I try really hard to keep an eye on her when I do so but it’s hard when I’m trying to clean her cage at the same time this was one of those times. My dad saw her eating the fruit and shouted at me and said look at your rabbit do you see what she’s doing he then came over and opened the door and was about to grab my rabbit and throw her out. I was really scared and shouted stop I picked my rabbit up put her in her cage and ran to my room and had another panic attack. My mum came and told me to go have tea but I wouldn’t. I was terrified of my dad. My mum never stands up to my dad. I am I’m top set in everything but my dad has never to.d me that I’ve done a good job or anything he even tells me I’m not good enough and honestly ive started to believe that. Sometimes I have really scary thoughts and bang my head against my wall and scratch myself. My big sister was always helping my dad but she’s eight years older than me and my dad expects me to know everything she knows now she’s at university but I can’t it’s too hard for me. My big sister was older and more clever. He constantly thinks I’m lying and doesn’t trust me with anything. My little sister is autistic and when she starts crying my dad automate blames it on me and tells me stop when I’ve not done anything. Last night I planned what I was going to text to everyone when I kill myself.

Comment

Hello!
      Thank you for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline! You make mention of wanting to kill yourself and we take that very seriously. Your safety is our first priority. You can always reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1800-273-8255. They can provide support for you and help through all of this. Another resource that might be beneficial to you is NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness). They can also provide support for you and answer any questions you may have. It was very brave of you to write to us. You are not alone in this.
      We can talk about all of this further if you want to call our hotline at 1800-786-2929 or chat with us via our live chat at www.1800runaway.org. We are available 24/7 and are confidential.
      Stay safe!
      National Runaway Safeline
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected]y.org (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hi I am 11 years old I want to run away from my home because of my mom and dad they are just controlling they won’t let me do anything by myself I can’t even dress myself I have to do everything I did just go out and have fun so I just wanna run away sometimes so I’m a do that today I’m a take a shower and pack my clothes and I’m leaving

Comment

• ccsmod15
          ccsmod15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there,

We're sorry to hear you're having a rough time at home. It sounds like you want more independence, even for little things like dressing yourself. It makes sense that, as you get older, you'd want to be able to have more say in your life. That's understandable.

As for running away: that's a very big decision to make. Some issues to consider: Where would you go? How would you stay safe? What would your parents do if you left? How would this affect school? Your parents would have the obligation to file a runaway report on you if you left home without permission. The police would likely detain you and release you to your parents. It's just a really big decision to face, especially at 11 years old.

Perhaps you can just talk to your parents when they are in a good mood and try to explain yourself to them, maybe making a list of a few things you'd like to have more freedom in doing for yourself. Perhaps you can even write them a letter. You could also talk to other trusted adults in your life about what you're going through: a teacher, counselor, or relative you feel comfortable with. You can also call us and we can discuss what your options are. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY and we are here 24/7. You can also chat with us online via the portal at www.1800runaway.org.

Please stay safe! We are here for you anytime.

NRS

I almost ran away the night before Thanksgiving. My parents are big drinkers and it bothers me a lot and my anxiety has gotten the best of me many’s of times, hence why I am writing this. I don’t know what to do anymore... I told my parents how I felt and nothing worked, I was thinking about turning to self harm or worse but I couldn’t leave my dog. I’ve thought about running away multiple times but I don’t know what do to anymore...

Comment

• ccsmod3
          ccsmod3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,
          Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
          Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
          If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
          We hope to hear from you soon.
          Be safe and stay strong,
          NRS
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X