Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Hey I’m 12 years old turning 13 very soon and we came to Chicago to visit family and my cousins for Christmas it was going really good until my cousin kept hitting me bc I was just taking a picture of him and he almost broke my phone also my parents have been really mean and I’m here sitting down crying and I’m leaving tmr at 5 am I don’t know where I’m going to go because it’s a big city but I love them all so it’s a really hard choice to do this.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hello There,

Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, it takes a lot of courage to reach out to us and we are so glad that you decided to reach out.

We are sorry to hear that you are feeling this way, that can feel incredibly lonely. We want you to know that your life is valuable and you are worth living. You do not have to face these feelings alone please reach out for help. You can always talk to The National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1800-273-8255. You can also reach out to us at any time we are available 24/7. Another option to consider would be to talk with a trusted adult or a school counselor about what is going on at home.
    We know that you mentioned running away, we are not legal experts but do have some information. If you were to leave without permission your legal guardian could file a runaway report. If the police were to find you they most likely would bring you back home.
    We hope this information will help you in your situation. If you would like to talk more or explore more options, please give us a call. We are available 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    My parents hate me plz help what should I do I always think of running away or killing myself but I don’t know.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We would like to be of assistance to you if we can. It is times like these that would be nice to have a listening ear. It is also important that you remember to exercise self- care. You showed some by reaching out to NRS. Good for you. What you have been experiencing sounds very sad and very unfair. You do not deserve to be treated with abuse by your parents. It’s not your fault that they behave this way. It sounds like you are feeling emotionally drained. Your feelings are important and they matter.
    You are deserving as anyone that wants to be happy.

The Covid situation has made things even more challenging for many. Especially those in abusive situations.
    Your friends and boyfriend seem like a good support base for you. It’s nice to have people that care. Sometimes having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you during this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Take care,
    NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 12-04-2020, 01:13 AM.

Guest replied
    Hey, I am 16 years old and I’ve had many thoughts about running away and maybe not forever but like a break from my family. I hate being home because I feel like my parents are emotionally and mentally abusive. My mom goes to work and comes home with the worst attitude I know she’s tired when she gets home so I try to help like clean the kitchen for her so all she has to do is make dinner but whatever I do isn’t good enough for her. And then she yells at me and makes me feel like I’m not good enough. My dad is always either happy or angry for some reason so I don’t really being around him because it gets bad when he’s angry. When my dads angry he starts to get physical and it’s scary. When I’m around my parents I’m scared to do things because if I don’t do it right I’m scared of what they might do and I’m scared to make my dad mad. I use to have school as an escape because I would be away from my parents and I am in band to also help me escape my house and parents. But since now with COVID it’s hard to leave my house since school is online so my parents give me so much negative energy and they drain my energy that it’s hard for me to even focus and do good in school. If I were to leave him I would probably stay at a friends or with my boyfriend because they help me stay positive and help me through a lot. I just don’t want to be home.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 12-04-2020, 01:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. You don’t deserve to be treated that way by your family or your friends. Friends are supposed to help support you and lift you up, not bully you like that.
    If you want to talk about options and what you might be able to do to make things improve or change we can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe, NRS

Guest replied
    i am 12 and my mom makes me super sad and makes me so mad that i want to run away i am am 12 and a bought to be 13 on may 2020 and i do not know what to do i don't fell good a bought myself and my friends make fun of me and they call me a fake friend and it makes me super sad and i need advice
    Last edited by ccsmod15; 11-29-2020, 11:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Be safe and stay strong,

NRS

Guest replied
    Hello im a f 14 and i have bad family problems. Im being emotionally abuse my parents say they do it to protract me but I dont believe that. I have a m 15 friend that lives semi near (and hour walk and 15 minute bike ride) he knows what happens, and is willing to take me in for a little just, so I dont try to kill myself for the 7th time I have a eating disorder, depression, and a little bit of anxiety. My mom yells at me and says I have no reason to be depressed and that im only faking it for attention. I dont feel safe or loved no longer in my house anymore. What should I do, should I just stay in my home or run to my friend we go to the same school, so I can go to school with him, but besides that I dont know what I should do can someone help me out with this.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hello,

Thank you ever so much for reaching out to us. It takes a lot of courage to ask for help, and we would like you to know that we are here for you. We are so sorry to hear that you have had such a tough time with your family. It sounds like you have been feeling unsafe at home. It is never ok for anyone to make you feel unsafe at home. We cannot tell you what to do, but we will do our best to explore what options you might have available to you.

It sounds like you have had some physical altercations with your parents, and you are uncertain how to approach the situation. It is important for you to know that you do not deserve to be made to feel afraid of your parents. If you feel that your life is in immediate danger, we encourage you to call 9-1-1. If you do not feel that you are in immediate danger, but decide that you want to report any abuse that goes on at home, you would reach out to your local child abuse hotline. Organizations like Child Help, available at 1.800.422.4453 or via their website at www.childhelp.org , can help you identify the agency that you would make the report with. If you don’t feel comfortable reporting, that’s ok too. It may help to talk to someone if you would like to figure out ways to approach your family. If you feel that what has been going on is making it difficult for you to handle the stress, counseling services may be able to help. Whatever you decide please know that we are here for you.

If you would like to talk about what has been going on at home, or if you would like to explore your options further, feel free to reach out to us. We will do what we can to help you figure out your next steps in the safest way possible. You can reach us 24/7 by phone at 1.800.RUNAWAY (786.2929) or via chat at www.1800runaway.org . We are here to listen, here to help. Stay safe!

-NRS

Guest replied
    Hi I'm 12 years old, and I was thinking of running away from my parents. My dad had always been the screaming type, and my mom is always screaming. And they both don't support me, Im scared of them, Im scared to stand up and tell them what I've been through. Over the past few years I've angered my dad and one time when I was 6 or 7 my dad shoved me to the ground, and put a lock position on me. I was so scared, since then I have been scaed to tell my parents anything, as my family is really traditional (Asain), they tend to spank alot, and scream, I don't know what to do. I cry myself to sleep everynignt, they want me to get good grades, lika all parents, but how they do it is harsh. I am really scared of them. My family calls me fat, and an idiot. I can't really call the cops about it becuase I dont have any communiation, and I don't want to becuase my mom and dad will loose their jobs, and they would get really mad at me, and never forgive me. Im a christian and I don't know if I am defying the words of my "God". My parents can be fun at times, but when their mad I'm scared for my life. ANother past experiences was my dad throwing me against the wall, and getting rough. I really need help I don't know what to do. I don't want the PD to get involved because im scared of what will happen. Can I have some advice?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi I am 11 and I want to run away because my dad yells at me A lot and he cussed at me for not brushing my teeth quickly and getting in bed and I am having a sleepover and I can’t sleep in the same room as my friend he said “It is my house my rules” but he gets made at me for saying I love your house and he is like “It is our house” and I get upset and then he gets mad that I am crying in my room and my stepmom is whole different story I think she is secretly mad at me what did I do wrong???!!!

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Be safe, NRS

Guest replied
    My parents do love me and they have had rough childhoods but sometime i just lose it. When i sit for after school video games, they tell me i dont study enough. Ive grown to become an extremely violent guy and they dont know because they wouldnt take it seriously

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X