I'm miserable and my parents don't care at all

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm miserable and my parents don't care at all

So my parents know I'm miserable,my stepmum has even said that she knows and doesnt care,and they are forcing me to stay here they also know that I want to run away but are making me stay here because I have to finish school which doesn't make sense becasue they have both said they don't want me to be happy and don't care that k am miserable and want to kill myself. They know I'm suicidal, or at least the think I'm just an attention whore, but they laughed at me and said that they don't believe suicide and depression but when my stepmum was depressed because all her kids have grown up got comforted by my dad and he got her a dog.when my sister saw the scars on my wrist she didnt try to help me and just got mad at me then one time when I got burned and wrapped it up, she just assumed I was pretending to be a cutter and the told my other sister and she got mad at me because she apparently had it so much better than me even though our dad didn't hit her like he does me and she had our mother to protect her our mother just beat me when she was around because she was drunk all the time, i was five, plus my step brother was talking to the dog, saying"we don't care if Hannah runs away, she's just a stupid lesbian "I'm not even lesbian, I'm bisexual AND plusy parents also think that me being bisexual as a teen is just because I want to" ******** everyone in the school " which is incorrect becasue I have a boyfriend and I actually understand the true meaning of being bisexual oh and not to mention that my stepsister trying to choke my stepmum and that lady forgives her but when I actually tell my boyfriend about when I was at my sister's house and they were mocking me, that unforgivable.I feel like they don't see me as their daughter and they only see me as a object or a possession. I have been considering running away for some time now I know where I would go me and my boyfriend, Elijah, have set up a plan and what to do but I fear that if they find me they may just kill me when I get home.I am fifteen and live in moreno valley, California.please help me I need help on deciding what to do

RE: I'm miserable and my parents don't care at all

Hello,
    Thank you for reaching out to us. Sorry to hear about everything that is going on at home and how your family seems very unsupportive and also abusive. You do not deserve to be abused in any way (physical, verbal, emotional, neglect, or otherwise.) You have the right to make an abuse report. For more information about abuse reporting and what it looks like you can contact Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 or here at 1-800-RUNAWAY. Also if you ever need to speak with someone regarding suicide or depression you can contact the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-8255. It sounds like you have a pretty supportive boyfriend; that is great. We don’t necessarily tell you what to do here but we can help you figure out what your next best step may be. There is a lot of information here and we are glad that you shared your story with us. We would like to get the chance to hear more about what is going on and about the outcome you desire. You can contact us at 10800-RUNAWAY. We are here 24/7. We hope to hear from you soon. Stay strong and good luck.
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I cant live like this

My parents push me really hard and even though i do well, i can't even do anything i wan't to do or simply have fun. I want o run away and I don't know what to do. PLEASE HELP ME!

Comment

Re: I cant live like this

Often, youth may reach out to NRS in several different ways to discuss their situation. If a response from NRS is not visible to a bulletin posting it may be that we have already provided services to that individual through another platform we provide such as email, our crisis hotline, or our live chat service (in operation every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST). NRS encourages anyone in need of assistance to contact us through our 24 hour crisis hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY to receive immediate support.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

My name is [REDACTED] and I am 14 years old. My dad continues to call me slutty everyday because he says I go out with every guy I meet. He calls me a spoiled brat, liar, slut, and disrespectful. I have an older sister who is 8 months pregnant and she's 16. They act like me having a boyfriend is the end of the world but they treat her like a pretty princess. I recently found a boyfriend and i've been with him for a month now. He treats me like a queen, but I have this gut feeling that hes gonna leave me just like my family did. My parents disowned me at the beginning of 9th grade and now i've felt so alone. I talk to my counselor at school and she gives booty advice, I've been in a situation where my dad hit me multiple times and the police got involved and so did DCFS and they said they saw no signs of abuse so they took me home. I talk to my friends all the time and they tell me not to care, but I care sooo much. I barely have any clothes and my parents always tell me its my fault and that if i listen I'll be able to get stuff. Everytime I do something right my 16 year old sister finds something/does something to bring it down. I try to gain my trust back and my sister doesn't like it so she does everything in her power to make me miserable. I try so hard at home but I feel like its hopeless. I feel like its never going to get better. I ran away 5 times in one day but everytime I did it, it was a cry for help. The police sent me back home every time. I want to run away and this time I don't want to go back..Help, What should I do?

Comment

• ccsmod9
            ccsmod9 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello,
            Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like there’s a lot going on and we want to commend you for the courage you’ve shown in living with all you described and for coming to us for help today.
            We here at National Runaway Safeline are non-directive. That means we can’t tell you what to do. Also, you know your situation best and know who in your life you might be able to reach out to for help. If you need a safe place to go, we can help you find a youth shelter in your area if you contacted us directly, or you can check www.nationalsafeplace.org for any safe places in your area.
            Since you mentioned abuse in the past, it might be good to know what options are available to you. Remember, if your safety is threatened, you have the right to call 911. If you’re experiencing something that feels like it could be abuse, please visit www.childhelp.org if you need any assistance with reporting or want to find out more about reporting in general.
            While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
            We can assist with all of the above mentioned resources and information. If you’d like help finding a safe place to go or want to file an abuse report, please contact us directly. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
            Be safe,
            NRS

Hi, um I've never really recognized my depression until recently and no one has really noticed or if they have, they haven't said anything but my mother is so supportive and I love her so much but I don't want to risk her taking me to a therapist or pitying me for it to even the smallest extent and my dad, well he doesn't even act like my father, he favors my little sister and brother (12 and 6, I'm 13) and takes them out and Pampers them he never listens when I try to talk to him and never comes to my school band functions or my sport activity's, I've been over eating for the past 3 years and everyone has noticed that, I'm like 15lbs over a healthy weight for my small height. But I just thought I was growing until recently when I started to cry myself to sleep every night and I normally listen to rap and pop or church music but I've been listen in secret to some very depressing music for e years in secret. No one knows and I can't tell my friends cause 3 of them are very suicidal and I've been helping them through that, I think it's rubbing off on me. I feel detached form everyone as the days go by, I want to be alone all the time, I hate my body and face, I just want to leave, be taken, killed, something like have someone who will care for my needs of a father figure in my life. Last year my uncle's moved in with us while he was getting a house and I called him dad on multiple occasions and I always end up calling my dad Timothy or Tim I have to force "dad" out of my mouth every time I see him. I continually fake smile my way through the day, I'm going to tlak to my mom tonight alone but I can't deal with my siblings making fun of my period and always using that as a excuse for lashing out and my father never being emotionally there for me or even letting me trust him with anything cause he's cheated 3x and I just don't wanna be with him, he now refuses to let me to go my best friends house (which is right next door) because I didn't tell him (when he's a work) that I'm going 20 ft from the house into my friend Emma's house. He yelled at me just now for 8t and my siblings called me the B word. I'm crying as writing this while they are laughing at me in my room that I share with my 12 yr old sister and saying I'm always on my period cause I'm such a (insert B word) I'm sorry I wrote so much, please answer whenever you can, I'm about to tlak to my mom about it all

Comment

• ccsmod2
            ccsmod2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. It takes a lot of courage to express your feelings, and seek help. It sounds like you are having issues with your family and you feel as though your parent’s don’t care about you. We are sorry to hear about the way in which your father and sister have been treating you. You don’t deserve to be ignored, called out of your name, or treated different from your siblings. You mentioned that you have been helping your 3 friends through their suicidal thoughts. It seems like you are very supportive and a great friend. You also stated that you feel as though the feelings of suicide have started to rub off on you. Talking to someone that you can trust like a school counselor or teacher may help. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255) is a great resource for people who have thought about committing suicide. You could also call our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929) if you are having suicidal thoughts.You mentioned that you were going to talk to your mother about how you feel. If you aren’t sure how to start that conversation, or would to practice what you might say, you could call NRS. At National Runaway Safeline, we also offer conference calls between youth and their parents. Thanks again for contacting us here at National Runaway Safeline.

- NRS

For most of my teenage years I have done the best I can be to be a good kid, my grades are great and my parents have said they are proud of how well I do in certain aspects, now I'm 17 I had a girlfriend who I thought was very kind but she made me want more out of my life, I started to think I was a good person I think I should be allowed to do a little more. My parents didn't allow it and in a way down talked her, me and her are separated now but after all I wanted was to have some freedom be allowed to do more, they always tell me that I'm going regret not doing much in my teen years but they only mean for school, I have been extremely unhappy with almost everything these days and my family says I have an attitude that they are tired of dealing with, they had threatened to send me away many times, I have told them how they can make me happy and have tried to work with them so everything can be good again but it seems like they don't care, so at this point I've thought of running, or if they send me away I'll just try to go live with a friend.

Comment

• ccsmod7
            ccsmod7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello! Thanks for reaching out! It takes a lot of courage to follow your heart and reach for your own happiness.

Its sounds like you are dealing with a tough situation and don’t feel like your parents understand you. That can be very difficult, especially when you feel like you might have to choose between your family and your happiness. It’s nice that you had a girlfriend who encouraged you to get the most out of life.

Since you are still under 18, you do need your parent’s permission to live in a different place. We are not legal experts, but if you left without their permission, your parents could file a runaway report letting the authorities how you are no longer in their custody. Sometimes police will look for a runaway to try to return them to their family, but because you are so close to being 18, they might not pursue you as actively as they would have if they were younger. You can call your local police department non-emergency number and ask them what they would do if they got a runaway report for a 17 year old to receive more affirmative answers.
            Another legal issue that you might run into is that your parents can file charges against whoever you stay with. Because that person would be supporting you without you parent’s permission, your parents could chose to file harboring a runaway charge against this person. This charge is a misdemeanor that could result in a fine or jail time.

Before you runaway, you might consider developing a plan. It would be beneficial to consider where you would go, how would you get there, how would you support yourself once you got there, and other things like that.

At the National Runaway Safeline, we offer a conference calling service in which one of our volunteers mediates a conversation between a youth and their parents. This way we can help conduct a productive conservation in which both you and your parents can hopefully feel heard and we can work to make a cohesive plan for the future. This wouldn’t be a long term solution, but it could help open a better dialogue and help you are your parents work together. You might also consider family counseling to help everyone get on the same page and communicate more productively.

If you would like to take advantage/learn more about our conference calling option or discuss your situation and options in more detail, please call us at 1-800-786-2929. We are 24/7, toll free and completely confidential.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, we understand that it takes so much courage and strength to ask for help. Good luck.

i feel i have nothing left. i told my parents that i want to kill myself and they proc eeded to ask why. i responded and said that i feel alone, and like i dont have anyone to talk to. she cut me off and said that i just wanted attention and that i was not alone and i should be ashamed for thinking so.

Comment

• ccsmod2
            ccsmod2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello There,
            Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to listen and we are here to help you. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now. We are sorry that you feel alone, just to let you know you are not alone in this. You mentioned having thought of killing yourself, your safety is our top concern. If you are ever feeling suicidal you can always call The National Suicide Prevention Hotline at: 1800-273-8255, they will be there to support and talk you through your situation. You may also call us if you would like and we can also be there to support you and talk to you. And you should not feel ashamed for thinking those things, everyone thinks differently and goes through situations differently. You may also want to speak to your school counselor about how you are feeling. Sometimes having those thoughts can almost be impossible to deal with alone.
            We hope this information has been useful in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to discuss your situation more feel free to give us a call at any time, we are available 24/7. Good luck, and stay strong, you are not alone!
            NRS

Hello, I’m really sorry for interrupting; however, I need help on what to do. While me and my family were out for a certain activity, I gave out a suggestion - to do more things rather than buying merchandise, this enraged her, she then called me a spoiled brat and that I need to be sent to a boarding school, I don’t really care as she has said worse things to me; calling me a pig, little sh*t, a burden to the family and a waste of her time. I’ve been trying to change throughout the year, I’m now much more muscular/fit, I’ve been getting amazing grades in school and I’m the most respectful/obedient in classes and to teachers; however, due to one situation of me being an angry person - I don’t know why, I can’t control it, I want to change this part of me, she said I can’t treat anyone nicely. Before I was 9, she physically abused me and when I reached out to teachers, she talked rumors to her friends and talked badly about me. I just don’t feel anything now, my purpose is to make friends and my family happy. I don’t think my brother wants me as a brother, my mom said it herself that I’m a burden and I don’t have friends. Everyday I’ve been thinking, “once I’m at the top of the world, I’ll show my mom who I am and prove to her that she’s wrong,” I feel like there’s something wrong with me for thinking this. I just don’t know, I said I wanted to kill myself to my mother and brother, but she said, quote, “go out there and be dumb, go kill yourself,” this made me feel more empty as I don’t have a purpose anymore. My mother said I just wanted attention/dramatic and I haven’t changed, please. If my mom sends me to a boarding school, my education’ll be cut off, I won’t have a career and everything will just be ruined. I don’t know anymore, please help me.

Comment

• ccsmod11
            ccsmod11 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello, and thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS.

Child Help USA (1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org) is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

You shared how you told your mom you wanted to kill yourself and her response. No one deserves to be treated in such a hurtful way. Please know that the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We hope to hear from you soon. Best, NRS

My name is Aniyah, and I live with my grandparents,my mother and my older brother.Ever since we moved in with them they have treated me and my brother like slaves, they yell over unnecessary stuff and my grandfather stresses me out.He operates this household like a military base and if we try to speak up for ourselves he doesn’t want to hear and it just gets worse.Ive had company say they don’t want to come back over because of it.They don’t want us going anywhere and when we are gone they will always go up into our rooms just see if they can yell about it being cleaned or not and etc. In the past I’ve been diagnosed with PTSD, depression, anxiety and various other things. And living in this environment made it worse, and it made me suicidal.Ive attempted suicide beforevin the past and I just couldn’t go through with it.It seems every time I do something to make me happy it’s gone in a heartbeat.I ended up telling my mom that I was suicidal and that didn’t really help.She just made me sit with my grandmother and talk about the things she does and all the reasons why I wanted to kill myself because there weee multiple.That didn’t help because all my mom did was yell at me forcing me to talk and assume the only reason I did this was because I “didn’t want to clean anymore”.She threatened to take me to a hospital which she didn’t but took me to my counselor where she got even more upset at me and my counselor didn’t help at all which he never does.She cared for like a week and then didn’t say anything else about it. She forced me to have a “discussion” with my grandfather a while after and that didn’t end well at all, during the meeting and after. She chooses to side with them and my brother doesn’t seem to care which makes me feel like I’m wrong for feeling the way that I do.Im 13 years old and I can’t find help anywhere.

Comment

• ccsmod7
            ccsmod7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you very much for writing us.

We appreciate you having the courage to reach out for help and telling us about suicidal thoughts. It sounds like things are really difficult at home right now. It also sounds tough to feel like any joy you have is stomped out immediately. That must of been really hurtful to hear that your mom just thought you were saying that to get out of cleaning. You should be heard and believed when you disclose feeling that way.

If you still feel suicidal, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline would be happy to talk to you. They can be reached at (800-273-8255) or at suicidepreventionlifeline.org. Another group you could talk to for mental health would be SAMHSA (877-729-4727, samhsa.gov). They could help you find a new counselor who would be more helpful to you. You can always call or chat us too if you would like to talk about how you are feeling or help with brainstorming your options.

If you would like to talk to us further about anything, please chat us online at 1800runaway.org or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

We wish you the best,

NRS
        Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X