Been gone for two months and parents are threatening to call the cops

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been gone for two months and parents are threatening to call the cops

two months ago i stayed with my grandma for two days just to take a break. then my mom got mad and sent a text "get the ******** you don't want your sister to have out". then there are messages of me asking if i could get it another day and she claimed no, that night. i now live with a friend and i have been. my grades are good and i'm more mentally stable. my dad keeps using the "if you don't answer my phone call i'll call the cops and file a runaway report". could they make me go back if i have these messages and the fact that there is marijuana in the house and my dad is on parole.

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. It seems like you’re having a difficult time with your parents right now. It sounds like a tense home environment. We are sorry to hear that.
    We are not legal experts here and every state has their own laws and not knowing your age (if you are a minor or not), but we can answer your question in a general way – yes, it is possible that if you are a minor and your dad filed a runaway report and you were picked up by the police for any reason, they could return you home. It is also possible that your friend could get in trouble for harboring a runaway.
    If you have any concerns about going home – safety concerns, concerns for your mental health, or anything else, please don’t hesitate to call us at the National Runaway Safeline. We can talk about any other options that might be available to you. You can reach us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
    Best of luck to you in this difficult time.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X