No announcement yet.

Parent is a drunk

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod6
    RE: Parent is a drunk

    Hello there,

    Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear that you have been enduring this for majority of your life. We can only imagine how painful it is to feel you are not cared for. It seems that you are taking great initiative to take care of yourself and get the help and support you deserve. You mentioned the neglect by your parent, it may be best to contact Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 to learn more about foster care as well as reporting any abuse or neglect that is happening. Your safety and well-being is important, and there are agencies that can help ensure that you are safe, that your basic and emotional needs are being met, and that you are in a supportive environment. It seems there may already be a case with Child Protective Services since you mentioned custody issues, which means you may be able to get in contact with a former case worker/social worker that was assigned to work with your family who can help explore an alternative living situation for you. If you needed assistance in making a report or help understanding the process, please know that you can call us at 1-800-786-2929 and we will help as best as we can. We are also here to provide you a safe, nonjudgmental space where you can talk about how you are feeling. You also may benefit from contacting the Al-Ateen Hotline: 1-800-344-2666 where you will be able to receive support as a child of an alcoholic parent.

    Please know you do not have to deal with this alone. We are here for you as are many other agencies concerned about your well-being.

    We hope to hear from you soon and wish you well.

    Be safe and take care,


    Leave a comment:

  • Unregistered
    Guest started a topic Parent is a drunk

    Parent is a drunk

    My parent who just gained custody of me a few months ago still continues to drink. They lost me from having me in the car while they were drinking and other things I has never informed of (I was only 10 at the time). After 4 years they finally gained custody of me again. I'd rather not tell you my life story so ill just ask you straight up... Is there anyway to get into foster care if your parents aren't abusing you but - rather - they are just a poor, mindless drunk that cant keep a job, stay sober or stay emotionally stable? Keep in mind this has been happening for 10 years now (the majority of my life), they lost custody of me for 4 years, they have several DWI's, are so poor they have to have food stamps, don't have a car, child doesn't have a room, ect.. Could I go to foster care for some kind on some kind of neglect charges? My parent has been to tens of thousands of rehab facilities and uses multiple programs for their drinking to no avail. ANY WAY at all for me to voluntarily go into foster care?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp