No announcement yet.

15 and want to live with my real dad

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 15 and want to live with my real dad

    When i was 2 years old my real dad had to go to jail because he was accused of something he didnt do and he had to sign his right off then my mom met a guy named james and he adopted me when i was very young my sister and brother have moved out of the house and i want to move out and go live with my real dad and his wife and they said i could but i want to do it legally and not have to come back home i have ran away from home twice and they called the cops and i had to come home im always locked away in my room im homeschooled and have no phone no freinds and can never go anywhere and james the guy that adopted me we do not get along and he is also abusive

  • #2
    Thanks so much for reaching out to us. It takes a strong and brave person to do that, and we want to help in any way that we can.

    It sounds like you’ve been going through a lot lately, and it seems pretty overwhelming. You mentioned that your adoptive father is abusive, and we’re sorry to hear that you have to deal with that. It is never okay for someone to abuse you, whether that is physically, sexually, or emotionally. If you want to report the abuse, you have every right to do so. The Child Help organization can help you report child abuse, and their number is 1-800-422-4453.

    It sounds frustrating to have to stay in a house that you don’t want to be in. Have you ever mentioned any of this to your mother or adoptive father? If you have the permission of your legal guardians, staying with your birth father is an option. Another option you could discuss with your mother and adoptive father is staying with relatives. If this does not work out, you can always try to brainstorm ways to spend a little less time at home to avoid what is going on at home. This could include getting enrolled in public school, spending time at a local library, visiting relatives, volunteering somewhere, or getting involved with a hobby.

    I know you said you have run away before, so you might be aware of runaway reports. If you run away, a runaway report can be filed by your legal guardians, which requires the police to send you home if they find you. You wouldn’t be in any legal trouble, but if you are staying with adults who are not your legal guardians, they can get into legal trouble for harboring a runaway. So, if you were to run away to live with your birth father or any other adult, they could get into trouble.

    It seems like you’re in a very difficult situation. Remember that you are never alone. Please call us any time at 1-800-RUNAWAY or use our chat services on our website. We are here to listen and here to help. Best of luck with everything.

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp