•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod13
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hello,

We want you to know that it was very brave to contact us here on our Bulletin and we appreciate you sharing about your situation. It sounds like your dad has been making you unsafe at home, so wanting to leave is completely understandable. Physical abuse is never okay and not your fault. We encourage you to take steps necessary to regain your safety.

You can report this incident to Child Protective Services. Their goal is to make sure you are safe and help you find somewhere else to live if necessary. You can contact an advocate at Child Help to learn more about the reporting process, childhelp.org.

If you decide you need to leave, a helpful start could be to reach out to anyone you might be able to stay with or who can help; friends, family members, a school counselor, therapist. If you need somewhere to go immediately you can go to nationalsafeplace.org or text "safe" and your current address to 44357 for help getting to a youth shelter.

We truly want to be a support for you as you decide on your next steps. We are available 24/7 to listen and help as much as possible. Please do not hesitate to reach out again by phone or chat if you would like to talk more in-depth about your situation and explore your options. You can contact us by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services at www.1800runaway.org.

Stay strong and stay safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    My dad just choked me out slammed my head on the car that I passed he belongs in jail I’m just thinking about running away right now

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod8
    Hello there –

Thank you for reaching out to us here on our public forum. It seems like you had a lot to get off your chest about what was going on at home. Whether it be something small or something huge going on in your life, we want you to know that we are here for you. As you have experienced it yourself, writing things out to whomever is helpful to release any type of buildup stress or pressure that you have. During this time it seems like everyone is dealing with their own stress and frustrations in different ways and it can be hard to understand their actions. The main thing is that we recognize those facts and try to learn whatever we can to move forward. Hopefully there are others out there in similar situations to you that can benefit from also writing things out just as you did.

If you need a place to vent about what you are feeling right now don’t be afraid to reach out. It’s hard to talk too just anyone one about what has been going on. Please rest assured that we are completing confidential. So anything that you share with us will stay between us.

Best of luck!

Guest replied
    Hi
    My dad use to hit me with a belt or a metal rod, he stab me with a pencil when I was little about 3 time he kicked my face. I called the police on him in 2014 and he got charged, I had to go to a foster care home for 2 weeks with my sister, then I was sent back home to my mum but my dad wasn’t allowed to sleep in the house. I was so sad I was so little that I didn’t know what was going on. After a while he stop hitting me but we had the police come over to check up me, my dad tried to force me to say that what I said about him was a lie because it was hard for him he had to get a lawyer and paying the money he had to find a way. After a while he stopped hitting me but he would spit in my face and say that I am worthless and I have no worth to this world. He kicked me out of the house at night before and now he is calling the police because I am speaking back to him and he choked me other day. I think I am going to call the police myself and say what I have to say

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    replied
    Hello,
    Thank you for reaching out during this difficult time. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way by your dad. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with friends or family members. If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best.
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    so last night my mom and dad just ran into my room I knew a few hours ago I had gotten in trouble for saying something rude and they took my phone I guess they looked through it and found something that made them mad even though I haven't done anything bad nor looked at anything bad but they just run into my room almost break the door down and walk over to me and tells me to get out of bed and my dad pushes me against the wall and grabs me by the neck and screams in my face like "you will respect us" and "Are you scared are you scared now" and my mom just stands there like I'm not about to die I start losing my breath so I kick him in the shin which makes him even madder and he threatened to kick me out I asked my friend if I could live with her but she hasn't responded back and even if her dad does say yes I don't know if its legal to do that if you're under 15.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hey there,

It sounds like you are going through a lot right now. You don't deserve to be abused in any way: it is absolutely not your fault. Please know that you are not alone in facing this. Although things might seem very bleak right now, things can get better. We are here for you, and many other organizations and people are willing to help as well.

We don't know much about your situation but if you are feeling suicidal please reach out for help. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a great resource if you are having thoughts of harming yourself. Their number is 1-800-273-8255 and their website is www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. You also can talk to us anytime at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us online via the portal at www.1800runaway.org. If you want to make an abuse report about what's going on at home we can do that for you. But that's totally up to you. We never tell anyone what to do and we are totally confidential. We can talk about what you're going through and help you formulate a plan of action as to how you can deal with what's going on. You have a right to be safe and you deserve to lead a good and happy life. We want that for you.

Please stay safe. If you are in immediate danger dial 911 and ask for help.

NRS

Guest replied
    i love my family i know im going to be leaving stuff behing but i cant tke the verbal abuse and choking and twist my arms and legs. good bye

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Tonight my step dad was yelling at me and we were arguing, all the sudden I just starred dead at him in his eyes and stayed still in one spot not moving. Then he stares in my eyes and gets mad and walks over towards me still staring and he then charges at me and starts literally punching me multiple times in the face and I’m trying to defend myself and then my mom tried to break him up from me but then he comes back again and charges at me but he starts choking me and has me on the floor as I’m struggling to just breath and get air, my vision actually started to black out and I thought I was about to be out of it.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. You don’t deserve to be hurt by your step dad or others in the home because your safety and well-being matter. It takes a lot of courage to reach out and we’re glad you decided to contact us.

It sounds like the behavior you are describing includes physical abuse, and we’ve very sorry to hear what’s been going on. You have the right to report this abuse at any time. If you feel like you are in immediate danger of being assaulted or hurt at home, please call 911 right away. Otherwise, you can also report any inappropriate or threatening behavior to the Child Protective Services, by notifying the police, a teacher or staff member at school, or by contacting the state abuse reporting hotline. You can also get more support from Child Help, an anonymous 24/7 hotline focused on helping minors experiencing abuse. They can answer additional questions about the reporting process, or take a report over the phone at 1-800-422-4453 or online at childhelp.org. If you leave home and need a place to go, a potential resource is National Safe Place at www.nationalsafeplace.org or text SAFE and your location to 44357. They will provide you the nearest safe place location where you can go until you can find a more permanent solution.

If your school has a guidance counselor, they might be a resource for you to discuss other strategies to ensure you’re treated with respect at home. They might also be able to connect you to mental health resources, which can be a great way to get additional support with what you’re dealing with at home. We hope that you stay safe no matter what you choose to do. If you would like to talk through any of your options we are always here to listen. Call or chat with us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY; www.1800runaway.org.

Stay safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I was doing my homework and my step dad was making fun of how I lost a fight saying that my mom baby me .It made me mad so I told him to stop but he continued to do it .Later he walked up in my face and I stood up then he choked me until I was gonna pass out .he let go off me and laughed on how of a baby I am and his mom started talking about my mom saying I will never survive in the world and Its all her fault, he also called my real dad a ********** and said I should leave to go stay with him (He knows I don’t like to talk about my dad) he praises hIs Real daughter while disowning me saying I’m just a baby when my sister is 4 :/ ik that I’m sensitive but that is not ok

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hello.

We’re so sorry to hear your friend and her brother are going through such a tough time. Nobody deserves to be hit or physically abused. It’s hard when the people we care about are in pain and are being hurt. We absolutely understand your concern for your friend and you did the right thing by reaching out.

It is absolutely OK to call the police if you feel your friend is in trouble. Their safety is most important. They are very lucky to have such a supportive and concerned friend. You do not have to go about this alone and we encourage you to talk to trusted adults about this situation. This could be your parents or someone at school.

What your friend and her brother are experiencing is domestic violence. If you’d like to learn more about what they can do and what you can do to help, you can reach out to the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 or visit their website at https://www.thehotline.org/ They have a live chat as well, staffed by people who deal with domestic violence everyday and can help.

You can also reach out to the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453 or visit https://www.childhelp.org/ They also have a 24/7 live chat where you or your friend can ask questions about abuse and what you can do to help.

You can also reach out to us anytime, 24/7. We’re here to listen and here to help you and your friend. We’re completely confidential but can help talk through a plan to help you and your friend.
    We’re so sorry you’re going through this, but we’re so glad to hear your friend and her brother have such a wonderful person like you looking out for them.

Please reach out to us or one of the other resources above when you can.

Thank you and we wish you, your friend and her brother the very best.
    -NRS

Guest replied
    My friends dad chokes her and hits her and has tried to kill her and her brother and he let his friends hurt her mum idk what to do because more than once he has tried to kill her and I’m really scared for her so does anybody have any advise because I don’t want her and her family to be in pain is this serious should I call the police

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    First of all thank you for reaching out it takes a lot courage to get help. No one should ever been hitting you and making you feel unsafe. Remember you are not at fault and you are not alone.
    You mentioned that you do not want to call a hotline or talk to anyone. It can be difficult and scary taking that first step to talk to someone about what’s going on. Remember you are being brave already by talking to us. It does not say anything negative about you that you are reaching out in fact it says the opposite that you have the courage to stand up and put stop to what’s going on. Sometimes you have to take that step and tell people what’s going on in order to put stop to something. You can contact Child Help which is the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453 and you can tell them as much as you want about what’s going on. You mentioned that you tried killing yourself multiple times a great resource to use whenever you are in that mindset is National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. You can also contact NAMI which is National Alliance on Mental Illness if you want to talk about how this effecting you just Text NAMI to 741741. Another option if you do not want to talk to hotline is to talk to school consular they can be a great resource and their job is to help students. It is hard to talk about it what’s going on but there are plenty resources and people who only want to make sure that you feel safe and they can only do that if you reach out.
    Remember you can always reach out to us through our 24 hour hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat. We would be happy to talk about next steps or just to listen.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X