No announcement yet.

My Dad Choked Me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One time I was jumping on the trampoline ad my brother begged me to come in the trampoline so I said yes and he did a back flip and he ran into me and he was crying so my dad came out and choked me and beat me up and I don't feel safe around him anymore.

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thank you so much for reaching out. It is never okay for your dad to choke you or beat you up. We encourage you to confide in an adult you trust, like another parent if you have one, a teacher, guidance counselor, or one of your friends’ parents. If you are being abused at home, you have the right to file an abuse report. For more information about filing abuse reports or what could happen if you do file an abuse report, you can contact Child Help (aka the National Child Abuse Hotline). Their number is 1-800-422-4453; they also have a live chat feature through their website, childhelp.org.
      Thank you again for reaching out. We hope this was helpful and we encourage you to reach out by phone if you need additional resources or need help figuring out your options. Our number is 1-800-786-2929 and our lines are always open. If you have a moment, we'd appreciate your feedback of our crisis services at the following link:
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
      Stay safe!
      Last edited by ccsmod15; 06-16-2018, 08:56 PM.

So recently over the past months my dad has been getting more angrier. My dad recently got custody over me and after that he just set of (he got custody of me in December of 2017) but over time he has hit refrigerators yell in my face and just act bad all-round I was use to that part but a month ago he had put his hands on my neck and choked me out and then told me he loves me and another time he pushed me to the floor so hard i. Had a huge rugburn for 1 moth and a half and today I was trying to get past him to grab my inhaler because I have asthma and I said excuse me and he blew up and pushed me down 2 and broke my fan I really don't know what to do I love my school but dispise my dad I'm so broken right now

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to NRS and having the strength to share your story with us. We are sorry to hear about your situation and what you’ve been dealing with. Ideally, home would be a place where people feel safe, loved, and valued, and you do not deserve to be treated that way. You’ve been very courageous to reach out for help and try your best despite the circumstances.

You mentioned instances of physical abuse. We understand that that trauma can be difficult to work through and that reporting may not be an option you are comfortable with. However, you do deserve to live in a safe place, and if you wanted to talk more about child abuse reporting or wanted support, Child Help (National Child Abuse Hotline) accessible by phone at 1-800-422-4453 and online at childhelp.org could be a resource for learning what reporting would look like.

If you did not feel like reporting, coping and safety-planning are also options. We understand that you are dealing with a lot, and should you need to have outlets in order to get you through the everyday until you are able to leave, journaling, talking with friends, engaging in a physical activity, reading, or listening to music could be options for you.

If you would like to talk about other resources and support, feel free to call our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or use our Live Chat.
      We hope this information was helpful and take care.
      National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Hi. I had a fight with my mom yesterday, because I was talking to a girl that I wasn’t allowed to talk with because I tried to kill myself and She wasn’t there to help/ignored me. Me being me, I forgave her when she apologize to me and we continue to talk. Now not only did my mom said I couldn’t talk to her, the school said I couldn’t or we both get kicked out. But they didn’t make me sign a restraining order so I ignored it. Now back on topic, I yelled at her”The World doesn’t revolve around you, you stupid little person” and slammed my door. She came in and argued again before she started to beat me and choke me.

I know know what I did was wrong but, what she did was worse. Because I currently have a bump on my lip from the hit, my left cheeks hurts, and part of my forehead hurt.

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,
      Thank you for reaching out to NRS. It sounds like you have been through a lot and we are happy you have decided to reach out and seek help. We hope to help in any way we can.
      Our primary concern is that you are safe and off the street. No one deserves to be beaten or choked. Please know that your safety matters and If you feel unsafe you can always call 911. Another option is to reach out to the National Child Abuse Hotline at www.childhelp.org or 1-800-422-4453. They can help you find resources in your area and could help you file an abuse report.

If you are considering harming yourself you can contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org (1-800-273-8255) or the National Alliance on Mental Illness at www.nami.org (1-800-NAMI or text NAMI at 741741) for support and someone to talk.

You can also contact us by phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or by chat at www.1800runaway.org. We are available 24/7 to take your call or chat and help you explore other options.

-NRS

I’m scared one day my dad is gonna hit me. He’s choked my step mom before and was sexually abusive when I was a baby. I don’t know what to do or where to go.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult situation right now. Nobody deserves to be chocked or be in fear in their own home. If you ever feel like your life or somebody else’s life is in danger please call 911 right away, and a police officer should come to assist. You can also file a abuse report by calling The Child Help Hotline at – 1800-422-4453. We know that sometimes making an abuse report can be scary, if you would like we can help you if you call us. You could also consider asking your family is you could stay with another family member. We hope this information was helpful in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to talk more please feel free to give us a call at 1800RUNAWAY, we are here 24/7. We wish you the best of luck and please remember to stay strong!
      NRS

Yesterday, my dad woke me up around 11:30am really loudly and it scared me so much, but I don't think he did it on purpose. After that he went on this cleaning action with a bunch of my neighbours and there I think he had at least a beer. When he returned home I didn't notice the alcohol at first. I told him how he scared me today when he woke me up and he kept joking how next time he'll scare me even more. Mind you, we usually have a relaxed relationship. I tried telling him how I wasn't joking but he didn't get it. He left for a sec and when he returned his mood changed and he was angry, he kept telling me how I was disrespectful and how I don't have the right to talk to my father that way. He kept yelling and he was being really aggressive. He grabbed my sweater near my neck and I kept telling him not to touch me. He let go, but he was still really mad and he was getting close to my face. I couldn't back off because he cornered me and then he grabbed my neck and I don't really recall how exactly it happened but I used all my strength to move his arm and I ran away into the living room. He left for a sec again and I took pictures of my neck just in case he denies what he did.

His aggression then calmed down a bit, but he was still yelling at me and calling me all sorts of names, really awful stuff. I then opened the doors and left for about an hour. My mom came home while I was away and she was shocked and really angry at my dad and, thank god she was on my side throughout the whole thing, still I'm not sure what to do anymore and now he says he's sorry but that I provoked him and that I have to change the way I behave. I feel bad for him which I know I shouldn't and I don't know if I should forgive him or if I'll be able to. He used to get agressive in past bit I don't think ever this much. I don't know what to do or what to think about this whole situation but I'm extremely hurt by it.

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It makes sense that you feel hurt by the situation; it's not right that your dad treated you this way and his behavior was in no way acceptable. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody. If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
      NRS

i can be rude once in a while, mostly because i prefer to be left alone. i’m introverted, even though the rest of my family wants me to be extroverted. ever since i came out to my family, things have been different with us all. my dad, who hasn’t really hit me since i was ten, now kicks me, grabs my hair, and chokes me. i am so scared. i told my close friend a few weeks ago about him kicking me and dragging me through the house by my hair, but she advised me not to report anything, because i might be separated from my little sister. last night, my father hit my head, and i asked him why he hit my head and i asked him to stop. he told me no. i said “why do you think you can hit me” and he said “because i can”. then, he grabbed my hair and we started fighting. i kept screaming “you want to die **********? i’ll kill you!” because i was scared. he put me in a chokehold. he ripped my shirt off, and i was naked. i’m a thirteen year old female. i’m afraid to report him because i cannot be separated from my best friend and my sister. i don’t know if this is abuse. my dad doesn’t drink much, but he does have PTSD from 911. my father manipulates my mother, so she can’t help me. if her opinion is ever different from my fathers, about ANYHING, he always finds away to change her mind. he tries to hit her too. my mother doesn’t even stand up for herself. we live in an amazing neighborhood, we are upper middle class, we have some money, so i don’t think that this is abuse. please tell me what i can do. if i report him, he will murder me. he owns guns, a bayonet, a bow and arrow, he will be violent. help. i don’t know if i should kill myself or run away or just sit here and let it happen. i’m afraid if i die he will hurt my little sister.

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a very scary and dangerous situation at home. What you are experiencing is usually considered abuse. It doesn’t matter that your dad isn’t drinking, and it doesn’t matter how much money someone has; hitting, kicking, grabbing, any sort of harmful physical contact is considered abuse, though we are not legal experts here. We hope you realize that you do not deserve to be treated this way; no one does. Whether you are introverted or extroverted you deserve to feel loved and safe in your own home. We believe that you are really brave to reach out for help…it takes a lot of courage to share your story.
      It’s important to us that you are able to keep yourself safe. You say that you have told your friend about you dad. You could consider talking with a teacher or other adult you trust. They might be able to help you find resources in your community that might help you stay safe. You can always call 911, if you feel threatened.
      You could also call Child Help (National Child Abuse Hotline). They are available to talk about your situation and help you find the best want to handle what’s going on at home. Their number is 1-800-422-4453, and their website is www.childhelp.org.
      You say that the abuse by you dad has gotten worse since you came out to your family. Again, you deserve to feel accepted for exactly who you are. If you want to talk about your coming out experience or how you’re feeling, you can contact the LGBT National Youth Talkline at 1-800-246-7743. They can be very helpful and supportive.
      You talk about killing yourself. This is concerning to us, and we hope you can see that things will get better. You can reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. They are available to talk with you about how you are feeling and help you find a way through your troubles. Their number is 1-800-273-8255, and their website is www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. You can call them anytime. They are always available.
      You can also call us at the NRS. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We can talk with you about ways to stay safe and ways to take care of your mental health; this is important as you are surviving a lot at home. We can also help you file an abuse report, if you decide this is what you want to do. We are available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, and we hope to hear from you soon.
      Stay safe and take care.
      NRS

Yesterday my dad got really angry and he smacked my face several times because I did not reply to his question. (He said I was not taking his questions seriously.) Even after smacking me he got even angrier as I did not reply him by that I was already frozen into place. My dad choked me while his other hand held a fist clenched tightly. After a few seconds of choking he lets go and asks me to wash my face. (The one who saved me from a punch and choking was my mum) When I went into the toilet I was traumatized as ******** I cried non stop and my mouth was constantly salivating over nothing. After I had washed my face nothing changed. I quickly went back to my room. At this point, I'm still salivating and making strange breathing and weird noises while crying non-stop. I went to sleep afterwards crying non-stop.

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It seems like you are going through a rough time right now. We want you to know that we are here to listen and to help you in the best way we can. It sounds like you have been through a lot with your father lately and we are glad that you are exploring your options by reaching out for help.

We are so sorry that you have had to experience this kind of stress at home. Home should be a place where you feel comfortable and safe. You deserve to be cared for and not put in situations that make you feel threatened. We aren’t legal experts, but generally speaking from what you’ve described, some states would consider this abuse. You are very brave for telling us you and we want you to know that you are not alone.

If at any point you feel unsafe, you can always call 911. There is a hotline called Child Help USA that might be able to tell you your options and go over abuse reporting if that is something that you are comfortable with. Their phone number is 1-800-422-4453.

We also would like to recommend that you speak to someone regarding what you are going through and get the support that you deserve. A good resources can be a counselor/social worker or teacher are typically mandated reporters, which means that if you disclose any abuse to them, they would be mandated to file an abuse report.
      No one deserves to live in an unsafe environment and we are sorry that you are experiencing this right now. Always remember your safety is important and you matter. We are glad that you took the time to reach out to us to see what you can do to help your situation. We will always be here to listen and help in the best way we can. If at any time you need someone to talk, like us to discuss the situation further or look for local resources for you, just give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), or chat with us at https://www.1800runaway.org/. We wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

Stay strong!

NRS

my dad threw me against a wall and choked me this abuse is always happening

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
      NRS

I was playing video games and my dad came down and started strangling me because I was allowed I had to fight to get away and kicked him in the stomach I’m very scared for my life

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X