No announcement yet.

I want to run away and i have a place to go

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I want to run away and i have a place to go

    I want to run away from my house. I have a plan and I have a place to go but first the problem. I live in a house with my mom my dad, 2 dogs, and a fish. I also have 3 brothers but they don't live at home. My dad has some sort of anger issues. I have tried talking to him about it but he's in denial. My parents fight all the time. My dad swears at my mother calling her a dumb ass and calling her stupid. My mom recently had to get a wheelchair since she has casts on both of her legs. And he's mad at her for that. He thinks that she got her legs broken on purpose. He once said that he would choke me and every time he gets madder I keep thinking he'll actually do it. I never forgave him for that. It's happened too many times to count. It's happened so much that I had a dream of running because I was going to get abused by my father.

  • #2
    Thanks for writing in. It sounds like you’re in a stressful situation; it must be very scary to constantly fear that your father will harm you. It sounds like you’ve tried to talk to your dad about his anger issues, which was a very mature and smart thing to do. If you ever feel like you’re in immediate danger, you can call 9-1-1. You might also consider reaching out to the National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-786-2929—this hotline can be helpful not just for filing abuse reports, but also talking about the process and what the possible outcomes might be. You might also consider confiding in a trusted adult like a teacher or a guidance counselor. You absolutely deserve to feel safe in your own house.
    You mentioned that you want to run away. We’re not legal experts, but we can speak generally. We’re uncertain of your age, but to our knowledge 18 is the age at which you can leave home without parental consent. If you do choose to leave home without parental consent, your parents would have the right to file a runaway report. If the police are able to locate you, they will simply return you home. If, however, you disclose to the police that there is an abusive situation going on at home, they are obligated to investigate that before returning you home. Another option is to ask your parents if you might be able to stay with a friend or another family member (perhaps one of your brothers), as this might make the situation less tricky legally.If you leave home, you might consider the following: where you’ll go, who you’ll stay with, how you’ll get food, and preparing clothes and necessities for all weather. Your safety is our priority.
    If you want to talk about your situation more specifically, please feel free to reach out to us any time at 1-800-786-2929. Best of luck.

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp