No announcement yet.

I’m considering running away. But I’m scared

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m considering running away. But I’m scared

my mom and her husband have been together for 11 years. Her and I have delt with the mental abuse. He controls everything in my house. He makes my mom yell at me for being gone. I’m not allowed to be gone cause of him but sometimes I can. He makes my mom be the bad guy. He yells at me for crying. Yells at me for everything. He puts me down. My boyfriend told me that when I turn 18 he’s taking me away from this place. But I’m almost 17 and idk if I can wait a whole year. I have bad anxiety and depression because of where I live. And he give me crap about my depression and anxiety and makes fun of it. I wanna run away....but idk what to do....im scared.

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. It sounds like you’re going through a challenging time at home and it takes a lot of courage to look for support. It’s not okay that your mom’s husband has been abusing you and you absolutely don’t deserve to be treated that way. You deserve to be loved and supported at home.
    It sounds like your situation is very stressful and impacts your mental health. It also sounds like your boyfriend has been a source of support for you, which is important. You might also consider confiding in a guidance counselor or therapist about what’s been going on.
    As far as running away, there are a few things to consider. While we’re not legal experts, we have some experience in this area. If your guardians consent to you leaving, that might be an option. You might consider asking them if you can stay with your boyfriend, another family member, or a friend. If you choose to leave home without consent, then they have a right to file a runaway report. If the police are able to locate you, they will simply return you home. Any adult you stay with might be charged with “harboring a runaway,” though this is a charge we don’t see often.
    If you’d like to talk about your situation more specifically, please feel free to reach out to us at 1-800-786-2929. Best of luck.
    -NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST and can be accessed here:

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X