No announcement yet.

I don't like my dad

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't like my dad

I know im supposed to love my dad, but he's so annoying! Everytime I'm on the laptop, phone, or ipad, he yells at me to put it away, even if I'm using it for education. He walks around the house for no reason at all, and apparently, that pisses me off. He puts up crumbs off the floor and throws them in the kitchen sink! When he's washing his hands,he wipes the sink with his bare hands! Sometimes I find weird stuff in the sink like hair, chocolate, and crackers! I'm pretty sure it's him! I saw hime throw something in the sink once when I was passing by. (I'm a person who gets disgusted easily)

Hi, thanks for reaching out tonight. From what you’ve shared, it sounds like you are having issues relating to your Dad right now.
    It can definitely be hard when someone you love also seems to frequently annoy you, as you’ve described with some of the examples you’ve shared. It doesn’t mean that you don’t love him, but can just be that you don’t see some things the same way.
    It sounds like recently you’ve not seen eye-to-eye with your dad on using technology like your laptop, phone or ipad, even when it’s for your schooling. Have you considered talking to your dad about working out a schedule for when/how long you use those devices? Establishing some mutual ground rules may help him to see that you’re using it for schooling sometimes, which sounds like a viable reason to use technology. You might even consider asking a teacher for a note that you need to do research or homework online; that may help your dad understand how you need to use the technological devices for schoolwork.
    You also mentioned some things, like how he cleans the sink with bare hands or throws things off the floor into the sink and leaving behind various debris that you don’t find hygienic/agreeable to you. Have you considered talking to him about how that makes you feel, or done so already? If you’re uncomfortable talking to him on your own about those topics, can you think of a neutral 3rd party – like another member of your family, or a trusted family friend or neighbor – who could act as a mediator of sorts to talk to him about some of those items. At NRS we do offer a service where we’ll act as a mediator with you and your dad on a conference call if you’d like, you’d just need to call into our hotline to set that up.
    Another option you may want to consider, if you think it warrants it, is a family counselor, to help you and your dad work out some of the communication issues you’ve shared. There are a number of options; which one is right for you is really dependent on how you feel about how the options fit with your situation.
    We hope this was helpful to you – if you have any questions or want to explore your options further, please don’t hesitate to contact us online or at 1-800-RUNAWAY. Best of luck to you!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST and can be accessed here:

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X