Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents

Hi, ive been thinking for awhile and i think i wanna move out from my parents house, im 16 at the moment but i do have a job and i just wanted advice on what i should do ive already tried talkng with them but it always seems like nothing gets through i feel bad because they make me feel like Im holding them back in life do i want to become somewhat independent, i plan on finishing high school with their help and after that move on with life any help ous appreciated thanks

Hello there,
    Thanks for reaching out to us! We’re sorry to hear that you’re made to feel like a burden by your parents. That sounds like a difficult environment to navigate daily. Unfortunately you don’t have a ton of paths to independence at your age besides trying to get emancipated, which is a pretty long process and would require you to prove in court that you’re able to be financially independent as well. In most cases you would also need to get consent from your parents in order to do that. It’s awesome that you have a job and are planning on finishing school and it sounds like you have a good plan for your future. Have you ever considered reaching out to a therapist or a guidance counselor about your family dynamic? We would love to explore your home situation deeper with you in order to provide you with the best options. One service that we offer is a conference call with your parents where we can help mediate the call, if that’s something you might ever be interested in. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call anytime at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-292). Best of luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X