Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullying and parents do nothing to help

I've been dealing with bullies for the past two months and it hasn't got any better. From talking to counselors at my school to my parents, nothing has made the bullies go away. It started out as just teasing and misgendering, and now it's gone to the point of me having consistent nightmares about the possibility of the bullies actually going through and killing me in ways unimaginable.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are dealing with a difficult situation. Bullying can be so hurtful and frightening, especially when you do not feel like the adults in your life are able to help. You are very brave to tell your parents and school counselors about the bullying; you may need to be persistent with them in order to make sure they truly hear your concerns. You might want to ask your parents about seeing a therapist; a trusted professional can help you come up with strategies to cope with the bullying.

You said that part of this bullying involved misgendering. If you want to talk about gender identification and bullying that is associated with that, you can call the LGBT National Youth Talkline at 1-800-246-7743 or the LGBT National Hotline at 1-888-843-4564. There is also a website. www.itgetsbetter.org dealing with gender or sexual identity related bullying. You really do deserve to feel safe and accepted!

You might also check out the website www.stopbullying.gov. They offer suggestions and support to help kids just like you going through these hard times. You can also call us at NRS; our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are here 24 hours a day/7 days a week, and we are here to listen. With a phone call, we can look for community resources in your area that might help you. We hope to hear from you soon. Take care of yourself.

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X