Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constant threats

Crossing of boundaries, lies, contradictions. I'm too old for this(mid 20's.) Clearly I can "runaway" but not exactly. Where would I go? I can't pay rent and I'm not about to live in the street. It feels they've decided to make my life Hell as a hobby. They're lazy people who happen to be workaholics and blame the world for their problems and use their obsession with money as an excuse for their abusive behavior toward me. If I speak up they lash back with threats about sending me to a mental hospital (theyve done it before, it was the opposite of helpful, I almost got hit while there, they gave me medicine when I left that cut my breathing for 2 hours, the "np" didn't believe me when I told him, my parents didnt care, that's traumatic for a 19 year old.)
    My sister is addicted to pot, she also picks on me, always has. She is 30. I have no one to turn to. No one would even believe what I've had to put up with much less understand, much less help. Ultimately, my parents hate each other, should have never married or had a family, and enjoy taking it out on me!

Hello there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It takes a lot of courage to ask for help, and we are here to help in any way we can. It sounds like you’re going through a tough time right now living at home. It isn’t okay for anyone to threaten or pick on you, and we are very sorry you are experiencing that.

It sounds like you have tried hard to make your situation better by speaking up to you parents about their verbally abusive behavior, but they didn’t respond in a positive way. Have you ever spoken to other relatives about these issues you’re having with your family? Perhaps a relative could help to medicate these issues. If this doesn’t work out, and since you say you aren’t in a position to leave your home to live on your own, it might be worthwhile to brainstorm strategies for minimizing the time you send at home. For example, if you could pick up a hobby or spend some time at a local library, this might limit the time you are around your family members and limit the conflicts.

It also sounds like you had a really bad time at the mental hospital you were sent to. That must have been a difficult experience, and we appreciate you sharing. If you do find yourself in need of mental health services, SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) might be able to help you find what you need. Their phone number is 1-877-726-4727. Additionally, you can always call us here at the National Runaway Safeline (1-800-RUNAWAY) and we would be happy to help you further.

Again, we are so glad you reached out to us. It takes a lot to as to help. Best of luck, and please don’t hesitate to reach out to us again. We’re here to listen and here to help.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X