Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So if I runaway

I'm 17 I have about 3 mints till I'm 18 but I'm tired of my dad being a dick and our house isn't very big 2 bedroom trying to get 6 people in there.. So if I go back to my friends I was staying with before what kind of trouble am I looking at or what are my options, please help.

Thanks

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We are here 24/7 to listen and to support.

We are not legal experts, and while running away is not a crime, generally speaking because you are a minor, the police could return you home if found.There could also be legal consequences for whomever you stay with for what is called harboring a minor. One thing you can do it to call your local police station and inquire about how police handle runaway reports. Every county and city handles them differently, and some may not take the runaway report because you are so close to turning 18. The way to find that out would be to call them directly.

Once you are 18 then you would be considered a legal adult and generally speaking would be allowed to leave your household. Are there things you think you can do to cope for the next 3 months until then? You can always give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and we can come up with an action plan together to figure that out.

Let us know how we can best help.

Good luck,

NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod1; 11-29-2017, 04:28 AM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X