Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My girlfriend doesn’t feel safe anymore and I don’t know how to help

my girlfriend is 15 her mom has recently left her boyfriend it’s been like a month and she’s trying to move back in with him already and he’s all drugged out and drinks a lot and he sexually touched her sister and none of the kids want to go back and every time they try to say something about how they don’t want to go back all she does is tell us to shut up she wants her voice to be heard she doesn’t feel safe she doesn’t know what to do or how to get out she’s 15 and is scared for her life is there anything she can do to get out ? Like live with her other family members ? Please help

Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We are very sorry to hear about what is going on with your girlfriend's family. They don't deserve to be treated that way, abuse is never okay. It is understandable that she is scared and no longer wants to be at home. We encourage you to call 911 if your girlfriend or her siblings are in immediate danger. Your girlfriend has the option of reporting the abuse to Child Protective Services. They would conduct an investigation, and if they find that their home is unsafe they would remove your girlfriend and her siblings from their home. Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is a great resource for getting more information about child abuse reporting and how to transfer custody to other family members. You mentioned that her mom's boyfriend sexually abused her sister. Talking to someone about what she experienced could help. The Rape Abuse Incest National Network (RAINN) (1-800-656-4673) is a great resource that can provide her with support and resources for counseling. This is a very difficult time for your girlfriend and her family, it is very brave of you to seek help. We are sure that she appreciates your support. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X