Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 13, I hate my family and I want to leave.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod15
    commented on Guest's reply
    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’re going through a difficult time. It can be upsetting to feel like you’re being forced to be someone that you’re not. You’ve done the right thing by reaching out.

During stressful times, it can often be helpful to rely on other members of your support system, by talking to a friend, other relative, or school personnel. It can help to talk things through with someone outside of the situation. They might be able to help you see some options you haven’t considered yet.

If you would like to talk more about what’s going on and maybe work through some options, please give us a call at 1-800-Runaway. We have a few resources that may be useful, including our message relay (we can deliver a message to your parents on your behalf) and our conference call service (we can hold a conference call between you and your parents and help you all work through what has been upsetting you). Please feel free to call at anytime. We’re here to listen 24/7.

• ccsmod4
    replied
    Reply:My mum

Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline .

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance.

If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hey I'm 14 and I wanna leave my family. My parents are really strict they don't allow me to do anything and just want be to study all the time I am forced to be someone I am not I'm not allowed to work not allowed to have a phone go with my friends can't go to my friends house or anything.. my Parents don't let me work because they think it will effect my study. I can't be my self here and I just wanna leave.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    My mum always goes on my brothers side and my whole family hates me.
    i cry every day of my life.
    Ever since I've gotten older.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    commented on Guest's reply
    Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: http://www.childhelplineinternationa...where-we-work/
    We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
x
x
Working...
X