Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 13, I hate my family and I want to leave.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i wanna run away from home [ prepared]. 1. my parents blame me for everything my brothers do[ im 13 almost 14. by the way ]. i get so much hate online and ive been bullied since primary school. and im also kinda suicidal so i cant obviously do that so my next option is running away. if i do i can rent a bedroom and for now i can save up more money cause i have over a 1000 in cash and im saving more so i can run away. im also very deppressed so this is my only option. i already have a plan so im prepared. some people have told me i can never make it and it hurts and we live in the same town and go to the same school. do you think its ok for me to run away prepared. i also have some family where im going so its safe and ok as another option. this is the only thing that will make me happy

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello, and thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We’re a 24/7, confidential hotline, and we’re here to help. It sounds like you’re going through a really tough time at home with your family, and that it’s hard on you. It makes sense that you’re feeling hurt and depressed, and it’s a good thing that you’re reaching out for support.

We're sorry that your parents are being unsupportive of you at home and blaming you for your brothers’ actions, and that when you’re not at home you face bullying online and at school. You deserve to feel safe and understood at home, and you also deserve to feel safe at school. No one should have to go through what you are facing right now, and it makes a lot of sense that it’s upsetting you. We're sorry to hear you’ve been having suicidal thoughts, that must be tough to be dealing with, but you don’t have to go through this alone. There is always someone available to talk to you about how you’ve been feeling, who is ready to listen and offer you support. You can chat or call us any time at 1-800-RUNAWAY, and additionally, the National Suicide Prevention Line is always available, any time, at 1-800-273-8255. You can also check out their website for more resources, https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org if you’re ever having those thoughts in the future.

It makes sense that you’re looking for a way out, when being at home is making you feel so depressed. And it’s a very good thing that you’re looking for ways to take care of yourself and asking the right questions about how to get help. If you’re thinking about running away, you might consider giving us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY to talk through the safety of your plan and what options are available to you. You might also want to talk to your family where you’d be going to see if they have any advice or guidance for you. Additionally, if you think you’d like to talk to your parents about how they’ve been making you feel, we at NRS can help you plan that conversation and help mediate it if you want.

You deserve to feel safe and happy in your home, even if that isn’t how you feel right now, and you don’t have to go through this alone. Good luck!

• I hate my family. I don’t even consider them family anymore I just know them as the people I live with. I just need to go I need to get out but I don’t know what to do. My so called “mom” has shown evidence that she doesn’t like me and my “dad” has never even had time with me. I want to go. They would never support me in my decisions. My brother has laid his hands on me many times before and recently did almost leaving me blind because I couldn’t see and I felt numb to pain until I started to cry. I have so much hate for him…I could’ve killed him that night if it wasn’t for my stupid “mom” that stopped me. I just need to go I want another family I want a new one. The biggest reason why I’ve had a few suicide attempts is because of my “mother”. I can’t take it anymore if someone doesn’t help me soon I will no longer take it and I will kill myself. if someone can help me…please. Help me. Get me out of here…please I beg of you. Help me.

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like things at home have been pretty overwhelming lately; and like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      You also mentioned some things that raise concern for your safety and well-being. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. We are not experts on the issue, but generally once it's been reported, social services will either decide whether or not to take the case and further investigate. If they do take the case, they will send out someone from child protective services to do an investigation (interviewing people in the household) and from there they will decide the level of danger within the household. It generally ranges from no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary displacement) and high danger (they will remove the youth from the home and offer certain services).

If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

Please be safe and reach out soon by phone or chat so that we may help.

Take care,
      NRS

• Please help me, I’m so skinny I want to move away from this family and never come back I’m dealing with malnutrition and feel unloved. I am 16 I want to get a job but I have crippling anxiety and always mess everything up, I have an attention span of a 5 year old I am messed up I get distracted easily and today I woke up really weak and dehydrated, this has been going on for 3-4 years, I have smoked weed for a long time and strong stuff, it has really messed my head up I have stopped smoking but I still need help because the damage has already been done, my mom is a narcissist, my step dad doesn’t work and my mom treats him like a king, we live off my little brother SSI , my sister uses me and pretends to care, I’ve lost a lot of friends due to how I have changed and think now, I’ve asked for help, people have reached out, I feel stressed and have thoughts of suicide, tomorrow I’m going to get checked at the doctors to see if there’s something wrong with me and I hope they help me by giving me a therapist and helping me eat, my mom hates to cook and I am always nice and respectful to her but I can’t deal with her she Doesn’t care about me I feel very skinny and they have seen it but have left me like this and has been going on for years I have barely noticed because my little cousin who actually cared asked me what was wrong with me and that’s when I realized, I just hope I get the help I need and a new family far away from them fake asses

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello! Thanks for reaching out to the NRS. We're sorry to hear that you're being treated poorly at home, and you deserve to be somewhere that makes you feel wanted and safe.

It's good that you have recognized a problem and are seeking out a doctor and potentially a therapist. They can give you professional evaluations of both your physical and mental health. From there, you can discuss with them avenues for getting yourself into a better place. That said, you mentioned that you have been having suicidal thoughts, and we take that very seriously at the NRS. If you continue to feel overwhelmed in this way, you should call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255. Additionally, if you feel like you are going through your mental health issues alone, a great resource is NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness. They have great support groups there with people going through similar issues at https://www.nami.org/Support-Education/Support-Groups.

You also mentioned that are dealing with malnutrition, and if the issue is that there is not enough food at home, Feeding America is a great place to search for Food Banks near you. The link for the area search is here: feedingamerica.org/find-your-local-foodbank.

If you have more questions or just want to talk about your family situation more with one of our representatives, feel free to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us at 1800runaway.org.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X