Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 13, I hate my family and I want to leave.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah ' I'm so tried but they heated me i was tried to do sucied but im not but i wanna decided to leave my parents forever

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. You mentioned that you tried to commit suicide. We care a lot about your safety, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

• i hate my family and my dad won’t stop hitting me i am already full of bruises just done with everything can’t put it up no more (not sucide).
    Last edited by ccsmod13; 08-27-2019, 05:28 PM. Reason: Personal information

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

We are so glad that you contacted NRS. Reaching out for help takes a lot of strength and is a really good first step. Home is supposed to be somewhere that you feel safe and you deserve to feel supported where you live. Hitting is never okay and your dad's behaviors are not your fault. It is understandable you would be feeling overwhelmed dealing with everything at home.

You can call 911 for emergency services if you feel like you are in immediate danger. You do not deserve to be hit or made to feel so stressed at home. You can report this as abuse if you would like. This might seem weird or uncomfortable, but taking pictures of the bruises or other marks that your dad causes can help serve as evidence. Making a report would start an investigation by child protective services. A caseworker would come to your house to talk to you and your parents. Reporting could have a few different outcomes and might range from mandated counseling and parenting classes to you being removed from your home if the caseworker feels it is an unsafe living environment. If you are interested in making a report or just getting more information you can call the national child abuse hotline at 1-800-422-4453 or go to childhelp.org. Your school counselor or a teacher that you trust are mandated reporters and can help you make the report.

We want to encourage you to talk to someone about the problems you have been experiencing at home. You do not have to go through this alone. We are here 24/7 by phone and chat to listen and help. You can call us at 1-800-786-2929 or chat with us at 1800runaway.org. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you want to talk more about what has been going or explore your options more in-depth.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

• I'm 14 and I want to run away. I have a great family who I love who love me. They are great to me and really care. However I don't have any friends at school and have started skipping lunch every day to avoid sitting alone or being rejected from peoples table. Im being made fun of by so many other students too, I just hate the fact that I have 4 more years to make it through.

I have depression and anxiety when around the school, and have access to drug dealers ( local teens dealing marijuana that i can access via snapchat) and I'm seriously considering going to drugs to help me cope. I also send nudes to random boys from other schools and let them screenshot. It helps for a bit and then I feel even worse afterwards. oh and im a masturbation addict (5 times a day at least or I i start getting withdrawal symptoms) which some people at school found out and now they all make comments about my 'disgusting masturbation habit'.

I can't hurt my family, but I just want to run away, do drugs on the street, exchange sexual favors for a place to stay and just forget about this ********ed up ******** I'm in. I can stand up to the bullies (I have perfected an amazing RBF that keeps them at bay) but I'm still in a dark place and need help
    ​​​​​​

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do. You mentioned that you are being made fun of at school; you should be treated with respect everywhere you go. If you feel comfortable you can always disclose what’s going on with a trusted teacher, school counselor, or other personnel; they may be able to help. You can also check out https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/bullies.html for some “Bullying Survival Tips”.

It seems like there's a lot going on and it could be a good idea to talk to someone about what you've been doing, and how it makes you feel. You may want to try talking with someone like a counselor or your parents. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your parents so you have a safe environment where you can express what's been going on. You can also call or chat us and we can look up a local counseling agency in your area if that is something that you would be interested in.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

• I'm fifteen I was adopted at age 9 my mom loved me but then she got married and then had kids now she doesn't care about me I don't want to leave my sisters but I want to get away from my mom and dad where should I go?

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time right now. Your mother probably does loves you and does care but may not be expressing it as she is busy with other kids. At NRS we offer conference calling where if you call us we can call out to your mother and help you have a conversation about this. Conference calling allows you to be heard and we are there to mediate the call and provide support to you.
      You also mentioned wanting to get away. We are not legal experts but if you left without permission your legal guardian does have the right to file a runaway report. If the police do find you they most likely would bring you back home. One option you could try is to talk with your school counselor about what is going on. Talking to someone can help you feel better and they may be able to talk about resources with you.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore your options more please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
      NRS

• I hate my family and I want a new one. Being the only stepchild sucks and it makes me wish I could've been born with another family. My stepdad is a straight up jerk! He always picks on me and treats his other biological kids better then me. And my STUPID "mom" sides with him just because he's her husband. My mom is cruel and lets my dumb little brothers and sisters get away with anything they want. She doesn't care about me, she's on the computer all the time and never pays attention to anything. My stepsiblings are constantly getting on my nerves and doing things purposely that will get on my nerves. I'm trapped here, at 14, no car, no one to talk to and I HATE MY FAMILY. I'm always getting blamed for things, no one is ever on my side, I catch my "parents" talking about me behind my back about what a failure I am when they think I;m not looking. MY LIFE IS MISERABLE, I need guidance please. Anyone.

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. Sounds like you are having such a hard time with your family and it has taken a major toll on you. It cannot be easy to hear your parents saying that and to feel picked on. Here at NRS, we truly want to be a support for you during this difficult time.

If you haven't already, you might try to talk to your mom about how you are feeling about being the only stepchild and feeling unwanted. Here at NRS, we have a conference call service if you would like to have a mediated conversation with your guardian(s) and an advocate on the line. Please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY for that conference call service. We would also be happy to look for family counseling resources if you would like to work on addressing the issues at home with your family.

We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X