Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just want out

I'm 14 I live with 3 brothers and my dad my mom died when i was 2 ever since she passed my dad and my brothers force me to have sex with them they would take turns holding me down i got pregnant last year with twins they were stillborn i'm pregnant again i don't know whos baby it is. i feel like i should get out of the house as soon as possible because if i'm having a girl i dont want her to live here with these people i dont even want to be related to them if i run away i am going to stay with my moms sister until the baby is born then i'll pack my bags and head out to try to get as far away from this place as possible this probably doesnt make sense

re: i just want out

Hey there,

Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline, it seems like you are going through a pretty tough time at this point in your life and we want you to know that we are here to listen and to help you in the best way we can. It sounds like you have truly been through a lot in your life and we are glad that you are exploring your options and reaching out for help.

We are extremely sorry that you have had to experience such things in your home, home should be a place you are comfortable and are safe living there. You deserve to be in such better care and you matter. You are an incredibly strong person for reaching out and telling us about your situation, you are a survivor and are amazingly brave. It is also amazing that you have thought ahead for your child and want to do better for them, we admire that. We want you to know that you do have options and we can definitely try and make this situation better.

Have you ever considered filing a child abuse report against your father and your family? This might be a hard thing for you to do, but in the long run this might be an option that can help you in your situation. If at any point you feel unsafe, you are always able to call 911. Below, we have listed a few ways you are able to file a child abuse report:

• Contacting your local police department. If you are being abused, you can contact your local police department and an officer can come out to your home and a case worker can potentially be called to the home and file an abuse report with you.
    • Contacting the Child Help USA hotline at 1-800-422-4453, there are counselors available there 24/7 who will be willing to talk to you about the abuse and would be able to give you more information about filing a report and what that looks like.
    • A school counselor/social worker or teacher are typically mandated reporters, which means that if you disclose any abuse to them, they would be mandated to file an abuse report.
    • If you were to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we would also be able to file an abuse report with you. Typically we would contact your counties Child Services agency and walk through that process with you.

No one ever deserves to be treated the way you have been, we’re sorry you have to experience this. Always remember that you matter and we are here to help you in the best way we can.

There are also a few hotlines that you can reach out to in order to get help with your pregnancy and to talk about what you have been through with someone. The first hotline I want to tell you about is the Planned Parenthood Hotline, not only are they there for emotional support during this difficult pregnancy, but they also have resources for local free clinics that will be able to help you with providing the proper health care for you and your baby. Their number is 1-800-230-7526. You also mentioned that you have been raped by your brothers and father, repeatedly. You are incredibly brave for sharing that, if you feel like this is something that you would want to talk about more thoroughly with a professional, you are always able to reach out to the RAINN (Rape Abuse Incest National Network) hotline, they are available 24/7 and are there to listen and to help, just like we are. Their phone number is 1-800-656-4673.

Thank you so much for reaching out to us and seeing what could be done about your situation, we hope that we were able to help you in the best of our abilities. If at any point you need someone to talk to, just give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and we are always glad to listen and to help in the best way we can. We wish you the best of luck in whatever it is you decide to do and we are always here for you.

At the end of every storm is a rainbow, you are a survivor.

Stay strong,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X