Leaving

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving

I’m 18 and work but don’t have enough to move out my mom continues to abuse me her and her girlfriend blame everyone on me and what little money I get from work they make me give to them when I’m not working they make me clean all day and if I refuse I get physically or verbally abused I don’t know what to do I use to self harm from all the abuse my mother gives me but I stopped and I don’t know what to do anymore I need a wat out and there are no shelters near me that can take me in

Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We are very sorry to hear that you are being abused at home. You don't deserve to be treated that way, it is not your fault. If you feel as though you are in immediate danger, we encourage you to contact 911. You could also contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline (1-800-799-7233), they may be able to assist you with finding a safe place to stay. You could also visit (homelessshelterdirectory.org) to find shelters or transitional living programs near you. You also have the option of calling 211 for local shelter resources as well.

We are very proud of the fact that you no longer use self harm as a means of coping with the abuse. It takes a lot of strength and courage to stop. To write love on her arms (twloha.com) is a great resource for people that have used self harm as a coping mechanism for pain. They could assist you with finding healthy options to cope instead of engaging in self harm.

We wish you the best, please be safe.

If you would like any additional resources or just need to talk, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), or live chat.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X