No announcement yet.

I need emancipation advice

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I need emancipation advice

    I'm 14, I want to get emancipated in 2 years í Ӏíѵҽ with my mother who won't let me leave until I'm 18 I have read how one would legally get emancipated with a parental signature ՏԵɑԵíղց they're alright with the child moving out my mother աօմӀժ rage if I tried to leave, my father and a family friend is willing to provide me housing í ժօղ'Ե Ƙղօա ահɑԵ Եօ ժօ from here.

  • #2
    Thanks for writing in! It sounds like you’re interested in emancipation. Emancipation laws vary from state to state. While we aren’t legal experts, we can speak in generalities. Generally, youth should be able to prove that they can support themselves independently—usually this means having a job, potentially doing well in school and extracurriculars, and that you have a plan.
    You also mentioned that you were considering living with your father. If your father has custody or partial custody of you, this might change the situation. If your father doesn’t have custody of you, he might consider filing for custody of you. We’re not legal experts, so you might consider reaching out to legal agencies in your area.
    If you would like to speak more specifically about your situation or need help locating resources, please feel free to reach out to us at 1-800-786-2929. Our lines are open 24/7, so someone is always around to listen. Best of luck to you.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp