No announcement yet.

i want to runaway from home and stay somewhere else for a while

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • i want to runaway from home and stay somewhere else for a while

    im fifteen and im almost 100% confident staying at home is going to be the death of me. my moms boyfriend is extremely emotionally and verbally abusive. if i do stay im either going to end up committing suicide or just snapping completely. i just want to get away from him. thats all i want. i love my mom but no matter what its always him over me or my sister. he's always the first priority. i live in arkansas and i have no way to travel because he won't let me get a drivers permit. im just a kid and im stretched so thin its literally killing me. i was sent home from school because my blood pressure was 154/95 and my heart rate was 112. the second he comes to get me he threatens to ground me for having to come home and he just starts screaming at me. i just cant handle it anymore. i cant sleep or eat i cant keep anything down when i do sleep i have horrible dreams and i just cant. ive researched places to stay but the closest shelter is in nashville and thats 4 hours away. i need help.

  • #2

    Thank you so much for writing in. It sounds like you’re going through a really scary time and it’s brave of you to reach out for help and support. We want you to know that you never, ever deserve to be emotionally or verbally abused. You matter and you are so important!
    You mentioned that you’re concerned about committing suicide or “snapping completely.” We’re so sorry you’re in this position and you are not alone. If you ever want to talk through your situation or just need someone to listen and help, you might consider reaching out to the National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255. Please know that your life matters and is important, and that there is help.
    It sounds like everything that’s going on at home is taking a toll on your health. Again, you absolutely do not deserve to be treated that way and this sort of situation can be considered legally abusive. You might consider reporting this abuse through the National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-422-4453. If you are uncomfortable doing that, you might also consider confiding in a trusted adult. This could be a teacher, guidance counselor, a religious minister, coach, tutor, etc. Any of these individuals would be considered mandatory reporters, meaning that they are legally obligated to report that abuse. The information you mentioned about your blood pressure and heart rate might be helpful when reporting.
    You mentioned that you’ve already looked into shelters, which is smart of you to do. You can also call us here at the National Runaway Safeline, as we have a large database of youth shelters and can help you locate one nearby. You can reach us at 1-800-786-2929.
    Thank you again for reaching out. If you ever need a listening ear or help locating resources, please feel free to reach out to us. Again, our number is 1-800-786-2929. Best of luck to you!
    Last edited by ccsmod5; 11-09-2017, 06:14 PM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp