I'm almost 17 and don't know what to do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm almost 17 and don't know what to do

I am feeling very lost right now, I have the most amazing boyfriend and his family supports me so much. But I have a 13 year old brother who is crazy! He has conduct disorder and manipulates my mother. He's been in and out of the state and my mom has one chance to give him back till he's 18 he is a danger toward me and towards himself and others, I don't know what to do my mother keeps saying she wants to do a chins and give him away to the state but she won't, she always says she's going to and she doesn't. It's now up to me to choose wether I go do an emancipate or stay and fear for my life. I guess I'm just trying to ask for advice of what to do, I can't take living like this anymore! I'm please someone help!!

RE: I'm almost 17 and don't know what to do

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help. It sounds like you are in a really tough situation, and we are sorry to hear that you feel unsafe with your brother. We are here to listen and help however we can. It sounds like you are worried that your brother will hurt himself or hurt you. It sounds like your mother is having a hard time dealing with the situation. Getting a child in the CHINS program can take a lot of time, and it does not necessarily mean that the youth will become a ward of the state. Giving up guardianship of a kid to the state can take a very long time and be a difficult process. It sounds like your brother needs help, and you deserve to be safe. It sounds like you are thinking about emancipation. We can help you figure out emancipation laws in your state and help you find resources to start the process. We are not legal experts, but we can help you find legal representation, which might be helpful if you are considering becoming an emancipated minor. If you want to talk about your options, please feel free to give us a call! We are looking forward to hearing from you, and wish you the best of luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X