Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to run away now..

I’m 15. If I ran away and never got caught what would happen to me when I turn 18? I know I would miss school and stuff too and I’d have to go back to get my high school degree but what would happen?

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out again. We are not legal experts here, but typically as a minor (under the age of 1 you need permission from your parents to leave home. It is not illegal to run away, but it would mean that your dad could file a runaway report with the police. This is usually done in an effort to try to return you home as the police are required to do so. Once you turn 18, its likely that the runaway report would end. We would be more than happy to call out with you to your local police station, to ask them exactly what their protocols are.

Please give us a call if you'd like to talk more about your situation, we also have a chatting service. However, the chatting service is not open 24/7. So the best way to tell us everything would be to just call into our hotline and talk to one of our trained liners.

Stay strong, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X