Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 15 and I wanna run away because im misunderstood.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 15 and I wanna run away because im misunderstood.

I'm a female and I'm 15. I wanna run away because I'm misunderstood by my mom, my dad and I are very a like. My mom is the more of the one minded person, she always gets what she wants even if she receives a no. recently at school I was getting bullied and I wanted to leave, I told my mom and she put me on home schooling. but that's not all, before I was bullied and pulled out of school, I lost all my friends and there was nothing for me to lose anymore. so I thought I shouldn't;'t even care anymore, so I gave it all up, I lost my virginity, I smoked, and I lied a lot. I recently just got in trouble today because I lied to my mom saying I was going to watch a movie with my best friend, but instead I went with this boy like I've known for 2 years and we are a like, we love the same music we have similar problem, and we're there for each other, I really love him and we've talked about everything together. He went to a different school and now that I was on home schooling I thought i'd be great to go to his school so I was, until my mom found that I was talking to him and made my changes schools. my mom doesn't like him only because he didn't talk to me for a week or 2 that was only because he was at his deepest in life his parents were fighting and his parents didn't trust him. they didn't trust him because his gone throw almost the same things I have, he lied and thought there was nothing to lose, ive tried talking to my mom about things but since se completely different then me its hard to even explain anything to he. I was depressed for about a whole week because of what I did, I lost my virginity and smoked, my m om is the type were if I told her I lost my virginity, she'd never see me the same again. and I feel like if I ran away she wouldn't care because of what ive done, I have a place to go and I know friends that'll take me in but my mom doesn't trust me again, and I don't think she ever will. I just wanna leave.

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like you're going through a lot of emotional stress involving your mom, and we're here to help as best we can.

You mentioned that you feel like your mom doesn't trust you or care about you because of what you've done. It sounds like she got mad in the past because you'd lied to her. One thing to consider is whether she would be angrier about you doing certain things (e.g. having sex) or about you not telling her that you did those things. We don't know your mom, so you'll know the answer to that better than we would. You could also try talking to your dad to get his insight on how to best handle this situation.

If you feel like you and your mom have difficulty communicating with each other, you could try having a mediated conversation with her. That would involve you, your mom, and a third party to guide the conversation and step in if things become unproductive. That person could be your dad, since you guys are more alike, or it could also be one of us. If you'd want to try a conference call with us or just want to learn more about the process, you can just give our hotline a call at 1-800-786-2929.

You mentioned feeling depressed--have you ever talked to anyone about that? You could talk to a friend (like your best friend or the boy you mentioned), a school counselor, a therapist outside school, or a hotline like ours. It's so important to reach out to your support network when you're feeling depressed. We're here 24/7 if you need someone to talk to, bounce ideas off of, vent to, or talk through your options.

One thing to know is that running away isn't illegal for you, but if you did stay with a friend and your parents filed a runaway report, they could potentially charge your friend with harboring a runaway. This can potentially be a pretty serious misdemeanor, so it would be good to discuss that with your friends if you do decide to leave home.

Hopefully this helps. We're always here on the hotline if you want to talk further, so don't hesitate to reach out about anything.

Best of luck,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X