Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religion

I was doing fine for so long, I got the meds I need for my depression, paranoia and anxiety, and I was fine, and then my mom asked me whats my religion(shes a Jehovah's witness), and I broke down and cried and told her my view on it and how it feels like a trap, instead she proved against it(well kinda), and she asked me again. I said I will get back to her on that, but in all honestly it makes me want to die. Religion makes me want to die, i'm either right or wrong, and I honestly dont even know. I'm scared every day of my life, as well as stressed and depressed. I cant take it anymore!
    it worsens my anxiety and paranoia to a HUGE extent, my adhd as well, I get nightmares as night, i'm starting to hear voices, like its so so so emotionally and mentally draining for such a small question...

i might talk to my therapist about this on friday but i'm scared that she cant help me...

RE: Religion

Hello and thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through a really tough time right now. It sounds like this conflict with religion is causing you to become stressed and depressed. It is great that you are reaching out for help with this. We are glad that you shared with us what is going on.

It sounds like you are thinking about talking to your therapist which is great. Your therapist may be able to explore things a little more and allow you to express how you really feel about religion as well as how it is affecting you. Another resource that may be able to provide some support for you is the National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK. They are a 24 hour hotline that talk with youth who are feeling as if they want to die and may be able to talk with you about how religion is making you feel this way. Another resource that may be able to help you is The National Hopeline Network: at 1-800-784-2433. They are also a 24 hour hotline that will also be able to talk with you about the struggles you are having with this.
    If you want to talk or want more resources, feel free to reach out to us again at our 24/7 hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929). We wish you the best of luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X