I can't do it anymore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't do it anymore

My parents are incredibly emotionally abusive and it's breaking me. My younger brother is constantly saying terrible things to me and cussing me out and my parents do nothing. My mom constantly blames me for anything that goes wrong at home and yells at me whenever I get sad or anxious, I'm constantly telling her I want to kill myself because of our family yet she does nothing. I've tried talking respectfully to them yet I still get treated terrible and blamed for everything. I can't take it anymore I have no will to live and they've completely broken my spirit. I need to get out but there are no shelters where I live. I can't do this anymore and I don't know what to do. I just want it to end.

Re: I can't do it anymore

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like things have been really tough lately at home with the emotional abuse you have been experiencing. You do not deserve to be abused by anyone. We’re glad that you contacted us, we’re here to help you the best that we can.

So you mentioned that you have been thinking about suicide, and that you just want it to end. This is a really serious thing to be considering. When did you first start thinking about ending your life? It has got to be really difficult to express these feelings to your mom, and have her not respond or do anything about this. We care about your safety here. The National Suicide Hotline at (800) 273 TALK (8255) is a number that you can call any time you are feeling down or thinking about killing yourself, they have trained counselors ready to help you.

It sounds like things at home have really been taking a toll on your mental health, causing anxiety and sadness. It is understandable that you would be feeling these things. Have you ever talked to someone about this, either a health professional, counselor, or other trusted adult? Sometimes talking through some of these things can be helpful. If you call us here at National Runaway Safeline, we can look up counseling services in your area if that is something you think you would benefit from or would like to explore further.

You shared that you need to get out, but there are no shelters where you live. We have a large database here of different resources including shelters. We can try to locate one close to you if you give us a call, and we also offer conference calling so we could make a call out to any shelters and advocate on your behalf as well. We’re not legal experts here, but generally speaking shelters are only able to keep minors for 24 hours before either notifying legal guardians or police, or in some cases getting consent from either legal guardians or police. It is great to be thinking of safe places to go to. Is there any other place you think that you would be able to stay at to get away from your home for a while?

Please do not hesitate to give us a call here, we’re here 24/7 and we can speak anonymously and confidentially. We’re just here to help you in any way that we can.

Good luck and stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X