Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emotional Abuse by my Parents(mom)

I'm 14 now and I've been dealing with emotional abuse from my parents, mostly my mom, for a couple years. They say they love me, but never show it, unless we're around other people and such. They never trust me and always try to control what I do. I feel like my mom is always trying to isolate me at home, and she'll do the best she can to have my dad take her side on decisions. She's always sexist and biased, too. I posted around 30 pictures of my friends and I on Facebook, and she comes up to me and says that there were two pictures of just me and my friend, who was a guy, so I needed to delete them. She also said that I had pictures of my group of friends and my teacher, who we all love, and needed to delete those too. She said that it was bad to post those stuff, when I know it wasn't. She always comes in my room and takes away my privacy and constantly tries to watch me in everything I do. I never feel safe around her and am never happy at home.

Not only that but my mom treats me way differently than my brother. She makes sure he gets everything he wants. But if I need something, she will wait until the very last second to get it, or not get it at all. Whenever my brother does something great, she'll post it on Facebook and show how proud she is of him. Rarely, will she ever post something about me and what I have actually accomplished and achieved. She never seems to care about how I feel and will throw around words and call me names. I just feel so alone all the time at home and have no one to talk to. My mom and dad have hit me many times as well but they've been threatening me more, lately.

I don't want to call CPS because I feel like I'll complicate my life and my families'. Hopefully talking on here helps.

Re: Emotional Abuse by my Parents(mom)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like things at home have been really tough for you between you and your mom, and we are sorry to hear about this. It has got to be really hard living at home with her and not seeing eye to eye on so many things. We’re glad that you reached out, we’re here to help the best that we can.

So you shared that your parents have hit you in the past, but that you do not want to make a report because you do not want to complicate your life or your families’. This is definitely understandable, but we want to just remind you that it is always an option if you ever change your mind about this. You do not deserve to be abused by anybody, in any way. If you want to talk more about what making a report would look like, you can call us here any time.

It sounds like communication with your mom has been really difficult. It sounds like she does not give you the privacy that you would like, and she treats your brother differently than how she treats you. This has got to be really frustrating. Have you talked to your mom about the way that you would like things to change? Sometimes this can be hard to do alone. If you would like assistance by an unbiased third party, to mediate the conversation and make sure that you are equally heard, you can call us here at NRS (800) 786 2929, and we can do a conference call with you and your mom. Another option is family counseling. We can look up local resources to you if you call or chat with us.

We're here to support you as much as we can. We're glad that you contacted us, and we hope that you continue to either by phone or chat with us. Please do not hesitate to reach out again.

Good luck and stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Emotional Abuse

Thank you so much for replying. Calling CPS is still an option for me, it's just complicated. I feel like if I talk to someone, then I feel a bit better. Thanks, again.

Comment

Re: Emotional Abuse

Hi there,

Thank you for getting back to us. We’re glad that sharing your story with us was helpful. Again, please do not hesitate to call or chat with us more. We’re here to support you.

Best of luck,
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
        Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
        x
        x
        Working...
        X