17 year old runaway

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 year old runaway

My mom has always treated me unfairly compared to my siblings, but as I'm 17 now everything she does is just unfair. I'm not allowed to do anything I should be able to. My mom constantly belittles me and calls me an idiot because my grades are not good in school when she's pinning pressure on me all of the time. My mom also took my computer completely and sent me to Brookville to raid my room and remove all the things she wanted and when I got all the things I loved doing were gone. I constantly get home and no love is shown to me I just get home and I'm instantly told to do my chores and homework. Which I get homework is important but why do I not even get a "how was your day". I just want to live my life a be free from this prison that is my family.

A while back I would get in trouble my dad would put his hand around my throat and tell me to stop. He said if he ever hit me and I called the cops to arrest him (Which I will) he would get out and do it again. My mom tells me that I can't get a job or drive because "I'm too immature" and when I mention it she says let's see how your grades go first and I can't get those up because she is constantly on me about it and back when I was younger I was diagnosed with ADHD and I was given medication with it and it reduced my appetite to eat to almost nothing and I had to gain weight or it wasn't going to work and I never gained weight and they took me off and I've been having trouble with school since.

One time I tried to cut myself because everything was too hard and I have thought about killing myself multiple times but haven't done it and won't. My mom was racist towards my friends because she lied to me and told me they my friend was here on a green card and was arrested for abuse to his mother and Marijuana possession and that he was housing illegal family and his father was arrested to when none of that happened and that they were all according to the "public records".

The mom I talk about is actually my aunt and my mother died when I was 2 from overdose of pain medications. She always says that when I'm ungrateful that she didn't have to take me in that she did it because my mother wanted her to.

Reaching out for help can be really difficult and we are glad you messaged us. It sounds like you are going through a hard time and experiencing a lot of pressure from your mom on your grades and home life.

It is not uncommon to feel helpless in difficult situations and want to harm yourself or even end your life. You are never alone and if you ever feel in immediate danger from yourself or others you can always call 911. In addition to 911, there are additional self-help and suicide prevention resources that can provide additional support and resources: the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255) and To Write Love on Her Arms (twloha.com).

In addition the resources above, we are also available 24/7 by phone and are always here to listen and help (1-800-786-2929.) You do not deserve to be treated unfairly and you are not alone. There may be resources available at school to help with both your grades and emotional support. If you are interested in finding additional support, Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is a helpful referral resource (1-877-726-4727 or samhsa.gov.)

We are always here to help. Do not hesitate to give us a call.

Good luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X