19 Years old runaway.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19 Years old runaway.

I'm a 19 year old female and I am wanting to run. Admittedly I am a little older than the other people here but I still need help. I want to leave the state but my family won't let me. I have a home secured but they won't let me go. I'm absolutely miserable around here to the point where I planned out my own suicide. But no matter how much I tell them they won't listen. My mom knows nothing about me leaving, but she never cared. I was a cash cow to her. But my dad refuses to let me leave.

Thank you for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes a great deal of courage to seek help. It sounds like you are wanting to move out of state but your dad refuses to let you leave. Although it may seem very frustrating and difficult to move out of state because your father doesn’t agree, he cannot legally stop you from moving out because you are over 18. You could ask your mom if she would talk to your dad for you. Another option that you have is moving out when your dad is not home. You could also contact 911 if he refuses to let you leave because he cannot legally keep you at home. You mentioned that you have planned out your own suicide your life matters and you deserve to live, talking to someone about how you feel could help. The National Suicide Prevention Life (1-800-273-82-55) is a crisis hotline for people that have thoughts of suicide, there are trained experts that can assist you with ways to keep yourself safe. Suicide is a permanent solution for a temporary problem. Please feel free to contact us directly (1-800-786-2929) if you have any other questions or concerns.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X