Im a 15 yr old female who needs out.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im a 15 yr old female who needs out.

I'm so stressed out words cannot describe how confused and scared I am. I can't deal with anybody right now. I don't know what to do. I am so close to running out the door and running away from here. My guardian is sick and I don't want to go to my father's house because I was neglected there. My mother is deceased. I just need help. I also live with an alcoholic who won't leave me alone. I want to runaway but not sure where to go. I still want a good education but not here.

re: Im a 15 yr old female who needs out.

Hey there,

Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline, it seems like you are going through a pretty tough time at this point in your life and we want you to know that we are here to listen and to help you in the best way we can. From what you shared, it seems like you are dealing with quite a bit at this point, we want you to know that we are here to listen and to help you in the best way we can.

It sounds like you are afraid to go live with your father and feel neglected when you are there, we’re sorry you feel this way. We are also sorry to hear about your mother. Please remember that if at any point you feel uncomfortable with your living situation or are feeling neglected, if you have a case worker already, you can contact them and talk to them about what could be done about your situation. If you do not have a case worker, you are able to make a neglect report or a child abuse report about your living situation.

Running away is a big step and in some cases, it may not be safe. We are not here to necessarily tell you what to do but we are here to explore some options with you. We have listed some questions below that you might want to consider before you decide to leave home:

What else can I do to improve my home situation before I leave?
    What would make me stay at home?
    How will I survive?
    Is running away safe?
    Who can I count on to help me?
    Have I given this enough thought?
    What are my other options?
    If I end up in trouble, who will I call?
    When I return home, what will happen?

We hope that we are able to consider some options and are able to provide you with the support needed. If at any point, you do decide to leave, please feel free to give us a call, we are toll free and we would be able to provide you with resources and referrals to shelters in your area. We also have a live chat service that is available every day from 4:30 PM to 11:30 PM CST. We wish you the best of luck in whatever it is you decide to do and hope to hear from you soon.

Stay strong,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X