15 and really need help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 and really need help

Hello I'm 15 and my mom is pretty emotionally and verbally abusive I have an older sister that is around 30 years old and she has been moved out of the house for a long time but when she did live at home my mom would do everything she did to me but to her and she use to beat her really badly even when my sister was on the floor crying she would still kick her unfortunately there is no evidence so we can't do anything about it and I really just want to leave we are currently in the middle of moving to Texas right now we live in Colorado and someone just bought our house I really don't want to move to Texas and my mom seems to be getting worse and angrier and I think that I have a good opportunity to leave my dad is living in Texas working but my parents are not divorced he is just there because we are gonna love down there soon but I want to leave before my mom moves everything so they have to live in Texas and they have no home to stay in Colorado and hopefully they will just reliy on the cops to get me I have been reading runaway.org for a while now trying to figure out what i can do legally and how to hide and not go back and I have read that some cops don't do much to find the runaway kid what I really want to do is find a safe place in Colorado and keep going to school without them knowing where I am please help me

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like your situation is very difficult, and it is understandable that you would want to run away. First, it is important for you to know that you are not alone. We are here to help, and there are a lot of ways that you can contact us.

It is very brave that you reached out to us. Is there anyone else you feel like you could talk to about what is going on? You mentioned your older sister, and sometimes people have friends they feel comfortable talking to, or other adults like a teacher.

No one deserves to be emotionally or physically abused. It sounds like your mom is going through a difficult time, but that does not excuse the way she is treating you. If you feel unsafe in your home, you can always call 9-11 or talk with someone like a teacher or a doctor. Teachers and doctors are what we call "mandated reporters," and they can help your family get professional help from counselors.

You are free to run away, however there are definitely some challenges associated with that. You mentioned finding a safe place. That is something that we would love to chat with you more about if you were interested. We have many resources available, and if you wanted to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or contact us at our Online Chat we will be here ready to listen.

Be safe, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X