My mom wants let me have a phone and my sister steals all my stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom wants let me have a phone and my sister steals all my stuff

My sister steals all my stuff and I am in 8th grade and all the kids in my school have a phone and I want one but ever time I get one my mom steals it brakes it

RE: My mom wants let me have a phone and my sister steals all my stuff

Hello and thanks for reaching out the National Runaway Safeline.

Living with siblings can be stressful and we’re sorry to hear you’re having a hard time with your sister. It must be frustrating when your sister is always taking your stuff. Have you tried telling her how it makes you feel when she steals your things? It also sounds like your mom is not respecting your things, either. Do you think it would be helpful to sit down with both your sister and your mom to tell them how you’re feeling?

If you feel like you could use some help or support talking to them, we do have a conference call service. This means that someone here at the National Runaway Safeline would be on the phone with both you and your mom. By being on the phone with you and your family member, we would make sure that you have a respectful space to explain your feelings and feel heard about how their actions are making you feel.

If talking to them directly is something you do not want to do, it sometimes helps just to talk about frustrations with people we trust. Do you have any friends or an adult you can discuss these feelings with?

If you call in to us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we can talk to you about what’s going on, how you’re feeling, and how we can help you. We can discuss what you might want to say to your sister or mom, and other options if talking doesn’t help.We are glad you reached out to us, and encourage you to call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X